Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I expect from nfcu

tag
mrldp40
Established Contributor

What can I expect from nfcu

July 25 my 3rd cc statement will cut with navy I be at 94 days .I start with I guess there minimum limit of 1k ,cash rewards. my question is what kind of limit might I get from them since I started low .I'm very thankful for the card I have .I have low n come too .17k aaoa 3.8 years utility 17 percent I know no one can tell for sure but I like to here from others that started low and how Navy treated them in terms of cli's thanks
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: What can I expect from nfcu

Everyone's scenario is unique, I know people in your income range that started off with low limits, and some with ~ 15k limits. After their next account review (you will see threads here in the applications section when it happens) do a CLI request for the soft-max $25k, you will either get $25k or they will counter you with a lower offer. Repeat during the next cycle until you hit $25k.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 19
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Sounds like a plan
Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey mrldp40, im in same boat income wise . Dont give up hope, lol, you got $500 more than i did. After a timimg mishap, when i pulled the trigger after having my 3 statements and 90 plus days, Navy increased my $500 Platinum card to $5000 Smiley Happy. Now the real interesting part will be my next attempt to see how far my low income gets me hahaSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 19
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Hey average Joe 5k would make me happy.but yea it may get real interested your next cli .good luck
Message 5 of 19
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Does Navy usally out do your other accounts ?. I have 5k Thur my jewelry club lol
Message 6 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks, im not sure they try to outdo other accounts i think they just do lol. Look at how many rebuilders who have a 2k limit, get Navy and bam a 15-20k card. Id imagine Navy wants to be your main . Ive been thinking of using my Navy card for the next 3 months for everything just to plant a seed haha. The worse thing about low income, besides no money haha, is its hard to spread the love to the cards i want to grow with spend. Still in 1st year with Disco, back in with Amex , and now with Navy. I think once i pay off my Bt balanced with my Boa im gonna reevaluate my line up.

Good luck on your cli as well mrldp40. I think youll be pleasantly suprisedSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 19
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Thanks I counting the days . I have no problem making Navy #1 but I'll keep a few other options open too .u never know these days
Message 8 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 definetly want diversity. Id like to have nice limit Visa , Mc, Amex , Disco and good Bt card, lol my BoaSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck when you CLI...    I'm in the same boat, i got a 1k SL and a low income as well.   I'm not eligible till 8/6 at the earilest and i've heard the next AR is Sept 1st, so i might try to wait for that.    Here's to going for a big CLI.. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.