Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can a score of 671 get me??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What can a score of 671 get me??

I want a rewards card and I have a 671 credit score on EQ. The only bad item is a paid collection from about 2 years ago. Any suggestions??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What can a score of 671 get me??

Chase Freedom. They pull EQ for me in Louisiana.

There's always the big CU's as well, PenFed, Navy, USAA if you are eligible for some of them.
Message 2 of 7
jp_dlp
Contributor

Did you try BofA pre approval site? they do have an extensive cards that have good rewards program..
Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A FUN FILLED WEEKEND IN VEGAS!!

As long as you're willing to listen to some timeshare sales pitches.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a EQ 669 and went to Bank of America pre-approval site and prequalified for 3 cards with $1,500 limitis, I selected the Visa Platnium. I waited a few days and NO inquiry hits on my Credit Watch. I called them at 800-242-5722 (Automated but stay on line after they ask for account number then follow instructions, you will get to an account rep.

I have a 6-Year Old Judgment, 2-Unpaid Collections from 2002 and 2005. I had no revolving accounts 2-installment accounts current. They will ? any baddies, be prepared to explain, as I had just in the past 2-months began to want credit cards I eplained I had contacted the creditor and was making arrangments to pay. They will also ask what you want the card for me I did not like to carry cash. Time on Job and Residence. I feel I would not have been approved if I had not called. They did a hard pull on my EQ and TU 667. They are very very nice. Be polite with what you have said 1-baddie over 24-months, I feel you will do good with BOA. They gave me a $2K Line.

I also got approved for an AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles, they also have a pre-approval site, They pull EX mine was 676, but no Judgment on that one. They did instant online approvqal for $2K. If not already get your othe 2-scores. You can also go to whogavemecredit.com this may also help, but updates on there site appear to be behind. Good Luck
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't like my 672 average.

Krisami wrote:
I want a rewards card and I have a 671 credit score on EQ. The only bad item is a paid collection from about 2 years ago. Any suggestions??

Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

With a 671 EQ a lot of credit unions will extend credit, particularly NFCU.

You might also qualify for Citi or Chase, they both pulled EQ on me in Virginia.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.