cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can you tell me about the Walmart card other than the free scores?

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: What can you tell me about the Walmart card other than the free scores?

Thanks for the info!

It seemed like it was the card most people suggested so I kinda thought it came with some more perks other than the TU score. 

I was hoping someone would say "an automatic 5% off when you shop there" oh well.

I'll still probably end up getting it though for the score and because I shop there (plus if they have special financing my 15 year old tv might get replaced with something new and much bigger/flatter)

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 11 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If you get approved and spend $100 day of approval (online if you app online or in store if you app in store) you save $20. Thats only day of app.
Message 12 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I don't think there is really any reason to be at walmart or have the card, if not for the TU score.

I kid, I kid. I swear, when I was working 2nd shift, I stopped by the super wally on the way back to my place each night to raid the $5 movie bin.  Man was I glad, when I found a place on the otherside of the interstate which has allowed me to be wally-world movie bin free for 2 years now Smiley Very Happy

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.