cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card are you going to use for Christmas shopping?

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

What card are you going to use for Christmas shopping?

I think my Discover It card will be my most used card for the 4th quarter.  All department store and online shopping is getting the big 5% bonus.  That's huge for this Christmas.

Other than than, my AMEX BCE will be my everyday card due to the standard rewards structure across the board (3% grocery, 2% gas, 1% all else).

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: What card are you going to use for Christmas shopping?

@Razeus wrote:

I think my Discover It card will be my most used card for the 4th quarter.  All department store and online shopping is getting the big 5% bonus.  That's huge for this Christmas.

Other than than, my AMEX BCE will be my everyday card due to the standard rewards structure across the board (3% grocery, 2% gas, 1% all else).

My Citi Dividend... I get 5% back on Old Navy, Gap, Banana republic etc.. pretty awesome card for shopping!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my PRG - I bought traded in points for gift cards for everyone to places they like. Christmas shopping is all done and I didn't spend a penny Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 19
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used my PRG - I bought traded in points for gift cards for everyone to places they like. Christmas shopping is all done and I didn't spend a penny Smiley Very Happy

Technically....

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe... that is the beauty of Rewards Cards, right? Get something that you otherwise would not have been getting!

Message 5 of 19
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

I hope to only use cash.....no reward cash back cards as of yet.....

Message 6 of 19
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Probably Zync and Discover this holiday season. Might have to borrow the gift car idea from rewards points... have a bunch of Southwest points I could redeem!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 7 of 19
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

The only card I plan to use for Holiday shopping is Amazon.  The rest of my shopping with be good old fashion CASH!  I'm still recovering from my app spree from last winter! So I have to keep my utl low and get my scores back up!  Gotta keep my eye on the prize which is AMEX Blue or Citi in 2013-2014.

Slowly building....
Message 8 of 19
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Discover - Shop Discover for me....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think ill be using discovers 5% online shopping.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.