cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card is next on your "must have" or wanted list?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card is next on your "must have" or wanted list?

Ritz is the ONLY card I want that I don't have. My only hesitation is that I already have 2 cards that have huge annual fees... Not sure I need a third. Would almost be willing to give up my AA exec card and get the Ritz but they would have to pry my Platinum Amex from my cold dead hands. That's not going anywhere lol
Message 41 of 75
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I got the last of my 'must have' cards last fall (NFCU), and the remainder of my 'want to have' cards back in May when I finally had clean reports.

It seems weird to say (or type), but I don't think there's anything else I really want right now.  In my case it's just as well, since it will allow my reports 'cool off' a bit and my new accounts to age. 

Perhaps in a year or two something else will come along that will be worth checking in to.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 75
sandsanta
Contributor

Centurion is the only one thats next.  

Message 43 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to be able to churn for sign up bonus's.  Right now the CS(r) has the best bonus IMO so that would be my wishlist card.  I really am still in recovery mode though, so It will be best if I remain gardening until my forclosure falls off..lol.  I am at 4/24 for CC's though, so If the CS(r) bonus is sitll good around that time, I will go for it.  

Message 44 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card I am patiently waiting to apply for is the Marriott card.  I won't be going for this until next year though.  I tend to stay at Marriotts for work travel and tend to stash a lot of points for summer travel.  I think this card paired with my Delta Skymiles Platinum will yield some awesome travel benefits.

Message 45 of 75
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ritz is the ONLY card I want that I don't have. My only hesitation is that I already have 2 cards that have huge annual fees... Not sure I need a third. Would almost be willing to give up my AA exec card and get the Ritz but they would have to pry my Platinum Amex from my cold dead hands. That's not going anywhere lol

I actually recieved an e-mail with invitation to apply for amex platinum with a code to enter....so is that card that good to have???

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 46 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

The platinum in only GOOD if you can use the centurion lounges every week or 2. If you can't there are MANY MANY more cards that are better. My favorite is Chase Ritz and for points I have the Chase Reserve card now. Amex needs to make it easier to use the airline credit to get back on my wallet.
Message 47 of 75
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Is Chase Freedom still under 5/24 if you go into a Branch?

Message 48 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to get pre-approved in branch, can't just walk into branch and apply. already whole bunch of Chase Reserve threads of people having success over 5/24, and some of them said that they were pre-approved Chase Ultimate Chase Slate regular Sapphire and so on
Message 49 of 75
taekwon
Regular Contributor

I'm still rebuilding credit, I travel a lot. I would like to have ritz, CSR, AMEX Platinum

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 50 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.