Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card should I get?

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: What card should I get?

It really depends on what your spending pattern is.  Chase Freedom is great if you can take advantage of the bonus categories.  Other wise one of the 2% cards may be a better choice.  You might also want to look at the Sallie Mae card as well.  You'll be approved for anything you want but it comes down to what will maximize rewards on your spending. 

Message 11 of 15
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1 @boomhower
I think you would be good to go on any app based on the info you provided but to maximize your app, I'd go with a TU puller.
I'm thinking any Barclay's card that suits you will do you well. My recommendations- Barclay's Rewards, Priceline, Sallie May or even the Arrival for the sign up bonus on travel if you wanna take a trip.
There was another interesting recommendation that I think would benefit you. App the CSP- no AF first year, $400 sign up bonus. I year later- either PC to Freedom or app Freedom to maximize your rewards with both cards.
I'm not aware of your location but for the Chase app- best results would be EX pull as opposed to EQ obviously but Chase likes to use both primarily with TU being 3rd.
Best of Luck!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 15
erinlobster

Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to apply for the Chase Freedom (the categories look great for the upcoming months: gas stations, and Amazon for the holiday season?! Yes please!) - and I got approved for a $17,000 limit! So excited!!

In addition, I asked for (and received) my 3x CLI increase on my AmEx, so now I have an $18,000 limit with them.

Feeling brave, I also pushed the button for CLIs on my WFNNB cards (Victoria's Secret, J. Crew, The Limited and Express) and was granted an increase on all of them.

My available credit just went from $14,650 to $45,350! I'm over-the-moon excited...and headed for the garden.

Thanks for all the input and help in making my decision!

5/23/13: EQ FICO 701, TU 826, EXP 746 (Vantage) /// Gardening for my diamond spade - no apps until 7/1/15!!
18k21k17k2.1k1.3k1.4k1.4k4.1k
Message 13 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

17k starting limit on a Freedom? You're kidding me, right? Lol Congratulations!!! Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 15
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Discover It and the Chase Freedom.  I got them with excellent starting rates ($10k and $5k respectively) and my credit is way less than yours at around 670-700 when I got them.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.