cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card should I work towards?

tag
lequestion

What card should I work towards?

Going to wait until 2022 to apply for another card. My score should be 750+ by then.

What card should I go for? I have no 5/24 restrictions or any other restrictions from banks.

Current line up:

NFCU nCash: 17k

Captail One Quicksilver: 750

Capital One Platnium: 500

Citi Secured: 200

AMEX Delta Gold: 1.9k

Chase Freedom Unlimited: 3.9k

4 REPLIES 4
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: What card should I work towards?

@lequestion wrote:

Going to wait until 2022 to apply for another card. My score should be 750+ by then.

What card should I go for? I have no 5/24 restrictions or any other restrictions from banks.

Current line up:

NFCU nCash: 17k

Captail One Quicksilver: 750

Capital One Platnium: 500

Citi Secured: 200

AMEX Delta Gold: 1.9k

Chase Freedom Unlimited: 3.9k

That basically depends on what you want to accomplish. If your goal is maximizing cash back (which is what we do) then I'd recommend different cards than someone looking to maximize travel points Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards, Thank You Points, etc. If your goal is get cards with the highest limits primarily, and rewards secondary, you'd get different recommendations for that. 

What are your goals? 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 5
lequestion

I need some higher limit cards to replace my Capital One and Citi. I mostly use my low limit cards as everyday spending cards. I plan to use my Delta as my main travel but I wouldn't mind having multiple so I can keep utilization low. Any recommendations?

Message 3 of 5
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Citi Double Cash for 2% Cash back and then Perhaps the Freedom Flex for 5%cash back rotating 

Since you already have relationships with both banks you should get some decent limits if your credit is where you said it's gonna be ...

Also at that time you can hit up the AMEX pre qualified site to see if it spits any offers your way ..They tend to give big limits if you have good scores

Message 4 of 5
lequestion

Yeah honestly I would apply for the Citi today but they do not have a pre-qual/approval and they have yet to unsecure my secured $200 limit card I've had for 3 years now. My credit score when I got the card was high 500's I'm now high 600's. Is Citi double cash generally hard to get?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.