Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card should i apply for?

tag
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Re: What card should i apply for?

The OP could start looking at some cashback cards like the BCE, Freedom, IT or maybe some travel/points such as the CSP, PRG, and more acronyms.

Message 11 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I would suggest trying to get a US Bank Cash+. If there isn't a local US Bank near you, the apply for the platinum. You can PC it to the Cash+ at a later time. I had a 732 when I applied, and I recall someone else applied with a 730, and we each got the same limit of $8,500 so since your scores are a bit higher I would guestimate you would receive at least that much. Cash+ has a 5% selectable category for Furniture stores. There is also a Department stores category. But, 5% is limited to $2000 spending per quarter. I had no problem applying for a second US Bank card 2 months later.

You should also get an American Express card, the credit limit increases fairly rapidly. Whichever one fits your needs the best, as everyone is different.

And yes, probably a store card for Lowes if you plan to buy your home improvement supplies from there.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 20
Rahman

1. Definitely AMEX Blue Cash - Experian

2. Citi Simplicity ? - Equifax

3. US Bank Cash+ Platinum - what CB does it hit?

I am looking for another card that might hit Transunion.

Any ideas?

Message 13 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

TU

Barclay

GE

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Barclays usually pulls TU. depending on your state Citi has pulled Exp. Discover pulls EQ/TU

Edit: typo
Message 15 of 20
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 16 of 20
Rahman

which CB did Chase Freedom hit?

Message 17 of 20
Luscher
Valued Contributor

i think it was expirian and transunion for me
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 18 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase primarily pulls Ex but will pull additional bureaus if you are borderline.
Message 19 of 20
jjeckel

Chase pulled TU for me. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.