cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card will you be using for gas this quarter?

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

What card will you be using for gas this quarter?

I'm curious about which card everyone will be using for gas this quarter since there are quite a few 5% options to choose from now.

For those that don't drive (or anyone else interested in sharing), which card in your wallet will be getting the most use this summer?

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: What card will you be using for gas this quarter?

@celluloid17 wrote:

I'm curious about which card everyone will be using for gas this quarter since there are quite a few 5% options to choose from now.

For those that don't drive (or anyone else interested in sharing), which card in your wallet will be getting the most use this summer?

For me Freedom all the way so i can transfer to my CSP UR account. Discover is on back up just in case i go over my 1500 for the quarter. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 70
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Freedom.  5.5 URs/$ and since I plan on getting $0.02/UR when I redeem them that basically means 11% back on gas for me.

Message 3 of 70
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Just recently got approved for Discover It, so will use that and probably AMEX Blue Cash if I go over the max.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 4 of 70
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

1. Freedom

2. Discover it

3. USAA MC card, 5% gas for the entire year of 2014.

Message 5 of 70
red259
Super Contributor

I don't drive often, but for any gas purchases I will use the Freedom.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 70
JoeFontana

"Freedom.  5.5 URs/$ and since I plan on getting $0.02/UR when I redeem them that basically means 11% back on gas for me."

Can you explain this? What is UR?
Message 7 of 70
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

For me it will be Discover because it works in Europe ... no FTF and 5% category... ..Chase has FTF and would probably not pay the 5% outside the US ..lol

Message 8 of 70
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@JoeFontana wrote:

"Freedom.  5.5 URs/$ and since I plan on getting $0.02/UR when I redeem them that basically means 11% back on gas for me."

Can you explain this? What is UR?

UR are Ultimate Rewards points, which is what Chase calls its point system and shopping portal.  I'm not the best person to explain this, but if you transfer the points from a Freedom card to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, you somehow get better redemption value of those when used towards travel, etc.  I'll leave it to someone else to flesh out the details of how it all works and why the Freedom/CSP combo is so desirable.

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 70
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

I'll be using my Freedom card this quarter.  

Message 10 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.