cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card would you use in this situation?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

What card would you use in this situation?

Ok I have 3 cobranded hotel cards: Hilton Aspire, Bonvoy and Hyatt. Hilton is my preferred brand so I really only have the others for the free nights.

Now I have a Marriott stay coming up soon and I was trying to decide on whether to use the Citi Premier or the Bonvoy. I went with Marriott because it was cheaper during that time period than hilton. I only have like 417 points with Marriott lol since I just used them all last month.

I’m leaning towards the premier since I could earn TY points and Marriott points. Not to mention, I wouldn’t earn near enough points to get a free night anyways.

What card would you use? Do you all always favor the co branded card if you are staying at that brand or do you use a dedicated travel card such as CSR etc.?
Amex Gold NPSL, Amex Hilton Aspire 3k, Amex Marriott Bonvoy 1k, AMEX BBP 3.5k, AMEX Hilton Surpass 4.5k, BOA Cash Rewards 8.2k, BOA Better Balance Rewards 2k, Care Credit 15k, Chase Amazon Visa 19.825k, Discover 11.8k, Discover 12.5k, Nordstrom Store 4.5k , Fidelity Visa 10k, Cap 1 QS 15k, Cap 1 Savor 10.5k, Citi Rewards+ 4.4k, Citi DC 7.5k, Citi Advantage Platinum 5.5k, US Cash+ 3.5k, Altitude Reserve 9k, Paypal Mastercard 4k, Apple Card 6.5k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: What card would you use in this situation?

I always use the card that gives me the best results.
In your case I would use the one that will reward you with the most points, the Premier would more than likely be your best bet, especially if you do not stay at Marriott hotels.

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.