Chase Freedom!!

Message 11 of 53
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: What cards are you wanting next?

AMEX BCE

CSP

Discover More

i dont really know about discover but i kinda just want one of each (visa, mastercard, amex, discover) Im thinking by my 21st bday.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping Amex comes out with a premium card with a better than 1% rewards. I will get that when it comes out. 

Message 13 of 53
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Next year or so:

Amex Zync

Chase Amazon or SW Rewards (depending on travel)

USAA something or other

Maybe see if I can find a 0% forex transaction fee card to replace my Orchard

        
Message 14 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Razeus wrote:

I'll be gardening for the next 6 months, but when I go on my app-spree, I'll be targeting:

Chase Sapphire Preferred

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

Citi Diamond Preferred

I think those will be worth the HP's.

Those are great cards - definitely worth HPs to get them.  I noticed you already have the Blue Cash Everyday, so why would you want to app for a Blue Cash Preferred?  If you wait 13 months from the time you opened your BCE, you can simply pc to the BCP (no HP required).

Honestly, I did not know that.  I'll need to get my CL on it up though, hopefully be at $9k by 1st anniversary.

You should be able to PC from BCE to BCP at any time (according to the rep I talked to).  There is no Card Act related restriction as BCE has no AF.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 15 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Razeus wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Razeus wrote:

I'll be gardening for the next 6 months, but when I go on my app-spree, I'll be targeting:

Chase Sapphire Preferred

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

Citi Diamond Preferred

I think those will be worth the HP's.

Those are great cards - definitely worth HPs to get them.  I noticed you already have the Blue Cash Everyday, so why would you want to app for a Blue Cash Preferred?  If you wait 13 months from the time you opened your BCE, you can simply pc to the BCP (no HP required).

Honestly, I did not know that.  I'll need to get my CL on it up though, hopefully be at $9k by 1st anniversary.

You should be able to PC from BCE to BCP at any time (according to the rep I talked to).  There is no Card Act related restriction as BCE has no AF.

I tried to PC before I activated my BCE to BCP, the rep said no because I am going from no annual fee to $75 would be an increase in AF because the BCE card application I applied to have $0 AF. Hmmm... I might have to give them a call and see if I can try again.

Message 16 of 53
ajh5408
Contributor

I want to see something fundamentally new and different, regardless of the provider... USB's Cash+ made a bit of a splash with customizable rewards, and Barclay's Ring card could have been great if it wasn't so vague about its benefits like the so-called "profit sharing" program. It would be a real treat if AMEX was the one to push the envelope, but I'm game for anything that reshapes the relationship between lenders and borrowers. In my mind, big retail banks have the best shot at doing this, as they have the opportunity to build better, more complex relationships with customers who have credit accounts, but also deposit and/or investment accounts with them. The cross-product elements are there (like Citi's ThankYou program), they just aren't doing much to make anything exciting out of it... A bank will offer me $100 to get their credit product, and $100 to get their deposit product, but diddly squat to actually use them both simultaneously!

So I guess the short answer is: I'm pretty apathetic about the current selection of cards out there, and am not really eyeing anything in particular right now.

Message 17 of 53
kulamrazool82
Valued Member

I am expecting that, my score & AAOA will take a hit for a while after my fairly successful app spree this month.
It was a crazy one though.. 1 Auto Loan, 1 Personal Loan, 1 Visa, 1 Discover, 1 MC & 3 Store Cards. All apps were approved except Amex Costco & Chase Freedom.

In 1 year, I will be rooting for

1. Chase Freedom
2. Amex BCE
3. Amex Delta Sky Miles (anticipating more travel next year)

Scores: 723 (EX CITI Pull 11/09/13), 669 (CK 11/21/13), 680 (EQ Duck Card Score 11/11/13) 664 (Walmart TU FICO Nov '13)
Duck Card - 12K | Amex BCE - 2K | Amex Costco - 1.2K | CITI TY Pref - 6.5K | Chase Freedom - 3K | DCU Visa - 5K | Genisys CU Visa - 2K | Discover More - 4.5K | Cap1 Q Silver - 1500 | Cap One Hassle Free - 1500 | Amazon Store - 1900 | Walmart Store - 800 | Kohls - 300 | Macys - 800
Message 18 of 53
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Hoping to get the PenFed VISA Platinum Cash Rewards Card.

If I'm approved for that, I'll likely apply for the Walmart card shortly after to get the free TU FICOs and then sign up for DCU checking account for the free EQ FICO.

That way I'll have all the inquiries within a short time-span.  If I don't get the PenFed one I'll hold on applying for the Walmart/DCU ones.

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking of the CSP for next year........ (sigh)

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.