Did you mean: 

What cards are you wanting next?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: What cards are you wanting next?

1. Citi Hilton Reserve

2. Chase Hyatt

3. JPM Ritz Carlton or Fidelity Private Client Amex (unsure which one at the moment).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 31 of 53
cschick_old
Established Member

I'm thinking some kind of visa or mastercard with an EMV no forex and perferably cashback rewards to round out my current wallet would be good. However, I am more worried about getting a morgage than a rewards Visa/MC in my goals. I feel like i've only got one foot in the prime/premium cards door. I have such a thin file i'm not sure how good I can do with getting cards. My scores are decent just not a lot of history to back them. The US Bank Cash+ is very tempting. A visa signature would be really nice too.

FICO: Ex 782(AMEX)
Cards: Amex BCE(2500), Discover(2500), Target (500)
App'd Amex & Target Jul 2012, Gardening til 2013 or beyond
Goals: Visa or MC Rewards Card after first home (2014-2015)
Message 32 of 53
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

I want the BCP soooo bad. I'm about 2 months away from applying.....

Second on the list is the US Bank Cash+
Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 33 of 53
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Sweets8E wrote:

Amex BCE

Amex PRG 

I really want to upgrade my Zync. I'm going 12 months here in a few days, but from what I've been reading, the option to PC isn't there unless you went to a Zync from a Green or Gold. Bummer....Interestingly enough though, they "Amex" make it sound like it's possible. Last rep just told me to call back on the 13th month. Smiley Indifferent

Off-topic but call in anyway Sweets.  These sorts of things can and do change with lenders and while it's been true for roughly the past year that we're aware of, a bunch of lenders changed their practices a month or two ago, and I'd be surprised if Amex was any different in that.  They may now allow for it as I think the Zync customer demographics have changed a little bit from their initial intention.

        
Message 34 of 53
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ajh5408 wrote:

I want to see something fundamentally new and different, regardless of the provider... USB's Cash+ made a bit of a splash with customizable rewards, and Barclay's Ring card could have been great if it wasn't so vague about its benefits like the so-called "profit sharing" program. It would be a real treat if AMEX was the one to push the envelope, but I'm game for anything that reshapes the relationship between lenders and borrowers. In my mind, big retail banks have the best shot at doing this, as they have the opportunity to build better, more complex relationships with customers who have credit accounts, but also deposit and/or investment accounts with them. The cross-product elements are there (like Citi's ThankYou program), they just aren't doing much to make anything exciting out of it... A bank will offer me $100 to get their credit product, and $100 to get their deposit product, but diddly squat to actually use them both simultaneously!

So I guess the short answer is: I'm pretty apathetic about the current selection of cards out there, and am not really eyeing anything in particular right now.

I'd be thrilled if Amex would beef up the rewards with the lower tier charge cards, such as the Green. I really like the card, except that it's a flat 1% MR points structure. If they could beef it up to, say 2% gas and dining, that would be a step in the right direction. That being said, I have to admit that I've really enjoyed some of their statement credit deals through Twitter and/or Facebook.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 35 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@ajh5408 wrote:

I want to see something fundamentally new and different, regardless of the provider... USB's Cash+ made a bit of a splash with customizable rewards, and Barclay's Ring card could have been great if it wasn't so vague about its benefits like the so-called "profit sharing" program. It would be a real treat if AMEX was the one to push the envelope, but I'm game for anything that reshapes the relationship between lenders and borrowers. In my mind, big retail banks have the best shot at doing this, as they have the opportunity to build better, more complex relationships with customers who have credit accounts, but also deposit and/or investment accounts with them. The cross-product elements are there (like Citi's ThankYou program), they just aren't doing much to make anything exciting out of it... A bank will offer me $100 to get their credit product, and $100 to get their deposit product, but diddly squat to actually use them both simultaneously!

So I guess the short answer is: I'm pretty apathetic about the current selection of cards out there, and am not really eyeing anything in particular right now.

I'd be thrilled if Amex would beef up the rewards with the lower tier charge cards, such as the Green. I really like the card, except that it's a flat 1% MR points structure. If they could beef it up to, say 2% gas and dining, that would be a step in the right direction. That being said, I have to admit that I've really enjoyed some of their statement credit deals through Twitter and/or Facebook.

Changing the plat's earning to 1.25 or 1.5 points per dollar spent would be better. The Green card exists moreso as a legacy icon, and for those who downgrade from a PRG or plat but don't want to lose their MR points. They'd be better off focusing on the upper-end, and I simply can't see them focus on their low-end charge cards. They have the Zync for that.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 36 of 53
tbolt2
Contributor

My list is short and vague Smiley Happy.... At least one card each from Chase and Amex ......not sure which ones at this point.... 

and/or  higher limits on what I have now Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 37 of 53
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash + and CSP are on my shortlist once I finish up grad school and get some 5k+ tradelines reporting

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 38 of 53
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

If my utilization is where it needs to be, definitely an Amex revolver in January, probably BCE to use instead of Zync. Other than that I will be quite satisfied!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 39 of 53
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I think I will. It won't hurt to try just to see if they'll allow it.

@Revelate wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Amex BCE

Amex PRG 

I really want to upgrade my Zync. I'm going 12 months here in a few days, but from what I've been reading, the option to PC isn't there unless you went to a Zync from a Green or Gold. Bummer....Interestingly enough though, they "Amex" make it sound like it's possible. Last rep just told me to call back on the 13th month. Smiley Indifferent

Off-topic but call in anyway Sweets.  These sorts of things can and do change with lenders and while it's been true for roughly the past year that we're aware of, a bunch of lenders changed their practices a month or two ago, and I'd be surprised if Amex was any different in that.  They may now allow for it as I think the Zync customer demographics have changed a little bit from their initial intention.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.