Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards cc are bk friendly?

tag
missji
Regular Contributor

Re: What cards cc are bk friendly?

+1 Instantly approved for Discover More with a 1.5 year old BK on report
Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Besides internal OC blacklists, the only major national credit grantor that I've heard is completely adverse on BK is Amex and even then I've read that their oasis progam has even helped out those past amex customers..

Message 12 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Score are in siggy....iib getting ready to fall off in June 2012...should I wait to try and get a prime card?..would I even qualify for one?...bk 7 ...2 collection on TU and Eq..1 drops in June o,other in December....bk won't be off till 2015

I would definitely wait until it falls off. No need to waste INQ's for something you can wait 6 months to go away.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would say based on the other user's responses here, You should maybe try to get a Discover card after the baddies fall off this year....  Discover is not a bad card to have, and they give good auto CLIs if you pay your bill on time and keep your balance low. In my experience, they didn't drop me after my judgement in 2007, so I'm very glad to have them, its my oldest account.   I've had a discover card since 1999

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I would say based on the other user's responses here, You should maybe try to get a Discover card after the baddies fall off this year....  Discover is not a bad card to have, and they give good auto CLIs if you pay your bill on time and keep your balance low. In my experience, they didn't drop me after my judgement in 2007, so I'm very glad to have them, its my oldest account.   I've had a discover card since 1999

I agree with this but only after the BK drops off in june. You'll probably get a low CL trying for it now if they even approve it all.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I agree with this but only after the BK drops off in june. You'll probably get a low CL trying for it now if they even approve it all.

I think the OP stated that the BK would be off in 2015  and that some baddies would be off in June 2012.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I think the OP stated that the BK would be off in 2015  and that some baddies would be off in June 2012.

You are correct, misread the initial post! In that case OP, if you feel confident you'll get a decent CL wait until the baddies come off in june and give it a shot!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.