Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What cards to apply? Short credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What cards to apply? Short credit history

Hello to all..

I have 3 credit cards... 2 with me, 1 waiting the mail...

Wells Fargo Platinum Visa: $500 CL

Capiital One for Newcomers: $500 CL

Walmart GE Store Card: $500 CL

I want one more card, and I want your opinion.

What card do you recommend to apply??

I'm thinking TJ MAXX or Amazon Store Card, both GE Cards... but what do you think?

I have 4 months of credit history, no baddies, collections, blah blah, nothing bad, all payments on time... Capiital One for Newcomers and Walmart Store Card not in my credit report yet..

My CK FAKO is 634...

I hope some advices.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: What cards to apply? Short credit history

I would go with the TJ Maxx card...seems a bit easier to obtain compared to Amazon. Better if you apply in store, higher success rate plus the associate can always call directly in for you for a recon, if needed, instead of trying to frantically search online for one! But then again, if you shop a lot more on Amazon compared to TJ Maxx, Amazon may be your better bet.

Cheers!

Message 2 of 11
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all..

I'm thinking TJ MAXX or Amazon Store Card, both GE Cards... but what do you think?

I have 4 months of credit history, no baddies, collections, blah blah, nothing bad, all payments on time... Capiital One for Newcomers and Walmart Store Card not in my credit report yet..

My CK FAKO is 634...

I hope some advices.

Thank you.

I would, personally, let these age for a few months...just my .02

Message 3 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to all..

My CK FAKO is 634...

I hope some advices.

Thank you.

I would, personally, let these age for a few months...just my .02

I agree on letting your puppies age...will give you a better chance of approval and more likely to receive a higher limit.

Message 4 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

Why do you want another card? Your response to this question will help us help you better.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

I would go with the TJ Maxx card...seems a bit easier to obtain compared to Amazon. Better if you apply in store, higher success rate plus the associate can always call directly in for you for a recon, if needed, instead of trying to frantically search online for one! But then again, if you shop a lot more on Amazon compared to TJ Maxx, Amazon may be your better bet.

Cheers!

Thank you, another card that you recommend besides TJ Maxx and Amazon??

Greetings.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiLine wrote:

Why do you want another card? Your response to this question will help us help you better.

I want another credit card because I want 4 revolving accounts, pay it off each month, because I want increase my credit score and I saw that it can help.

I want the 4th card from Amazon or TJ Maxx because I'd shop a lot in those stores.

Greetings.

Message 7 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

For a credit builder, having more than 3 cards may raise a red flag. I'd rather work on improving the CLI's for the cards you already have. One or two cards with high CLI's are more impressive than a bunch of cards with CLI's in the low hundreds.

Message 8 of 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Cheers!

Thank you, another card that you recommend besides TJ Maxx and Amazon??

Greetings.

Any regular store card really (aka any store card NOT branded with visa/master/AMEX/discover). So if you shop at certain department stores many are easily attainable, like JCP, Macy's, etc.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiLine wrote:

For a credit builder, having more than 3 cards may raise a red flag. I'd rather work on improving the CLI's for the cards you already have. One or two cards with high CLI's are more impressive than a bunch of cards with CLI's in the low hundreds.

Thank you for the advice.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.