Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What causes a F/R with AMEX?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: What causes a F/R with AMEX?

None...they just FR'd us and we either complied or the account was closed.  B/c I truly feel AMEX has a good charge product, we proceeded with the FR

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now, this thread gives me more education about Amex.  

Thanks DI  for posting this thread  Smiley Happy    Thanks everyone for posting your reply  Smiley Happy

I could be one of F/R target two wks a go.   It was out of pattern shopping with my Amex.   My usual charges are small amount less than $10/mo, but this time, I had to purchase a PC at Best Buy.  Since I wasn't planning on to buy it on that day, I didn't call Amex in the advance to let them know the unusual charge on my Blue (should be Blue Cash Everyday).  Therefore, I was kind of nervous when I slide my Amex.  Well, there was no issue and it went through and I got a good deal ... I think ... on my new PC.  *It was Memorial's Day sale price at $399 (reg. $499) on Gateway SX series.

Anyway, the charge was went through and showed up on the acct activity.   I usually PIF my Amex before its closing date, but since I switched around the which one to carry the balance on the statement ... I didn't want to Amex to report large balance.  So, I paid the Best Buy charge amount in full 10 days after the charge has made.   During those time period, Amex did not contact me for any reason.  I guess I can say I was lucky ~  Smiley Tongue

@n777ua wrote:

None...they just FR'd us and we either complied or the account was closed.  B/c I truly feel AMEX has a good charge product, we proceeded with the FR

In the future with any reason, if Amex going to F/R on me ... I know what to do ...  Just COMPLY with them.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

it does not matter if u pay in full and never miss  payment AMex finds a way to do F/R worst bank ever , they can do F/R for just about any thing u do , just cuz u use the card or dont use the card..... i got F/R for no reason and send them ever thing and then i told them to close my account .

Message 33 of 37
Jstic
Valued Member

I have two business cards with AMEX and have never had a financial review. If they ever tried this with me they would lose a customer very quickly. I don't say this out of

vengeance, but out of common sense. There are WAY too many CC companies and banks out there that would love to have me as a customer, I don't need the headache and am way too busy to put up with some ultra paranoid lender who I have had an account with with for almost 15 years. And I have never, ever been a day late.

The simple fact that a customer pays on time for years on end should be enough to satisfy any doubts they may have. If not, I don't want to do business with them.

Now if you are paying late, or asking for a large CLI, that is a different story.

Message 34 of 37
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

Was it a auto CLI or did you have to call in?

How long did it take you to go from $2k to $5k?

I don't recall Amex giving out auto CLI..I could be wrong.

When we went from 2k to 6k that was a CLI we requested after having the card only a few months. Our jump from 6k to 9.8k was a surprise from AmEx. We hadn't asked for it.

Message 35 of 37
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Jstic wrote:

I have two business cards with AMEX and have never had a financial review. If they ever tried this with me they would lose a customer very quickly. I don't say this out of

vengeance, but out of common sense. There are WAY too many CC companies and banks out there that would love to have me as a customer, I don't need the headache and am way too busy to put up with some ultra paranoid lender who I have had an account with with for almost 15 years. And I have never, ever been a day late.

The simple fact that a customer pays on time for years on end should be enough to satisfy any doubts they may have. If not, I don't want to do business with them.

Now if you are paying late, or asking for a large CLI, that is a different story.

I agree 1000000%.

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynetteM wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Was it a auto CLI or did you have to call in?

How long did it take you to go from $2k to $5k?

I don't recall Amex giving out auto CLI..I could be wrong.

When we went from 2k to 6k that was a CLI we requested after having the card only a few months. Our jump from 6k to 9.8k was a surprise from AmEx. We hadn't asked for it.

My Blue was start with 3k and asked for CLI and got 4k CL.   One day ... when I log on to the online acct ... I saw the CL has been changed from 4k to 8k.  Wow!  They doubled my CL!  Amex surprised me.

I hope Amex won't do F/R nor CLD on me ~  

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.