Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What companies combine card limits?

tag
McNugget
Regular Contributor

What companies combine card limits?

I have multiple cards from some of the major issuers and was thinking I'd try to transfer the limit to one card and close the other.  What companies do this, and how long should the cards be open before doing so?

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: What companies combine card limits?

Chase, Amex & Barclay do this easily. Citi and us bank is a ymmv situation .

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 16
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Just an FYI, Chase did a HP on my TU when I moved my CL around...

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

In  addition to the posts above, Cap 1 used to combine limits. However, it seems that option is not available right now. People have been told by CSRs that the feature will return. But unless things have chnaged recently, there is no definitive date as to if and when it will happen. 

Message 4 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I’ve moved limits with Chase (no HP), Amex, and Bank of America without issue.  Have never tried with Citi as they’re usually very generous with me anyway.  I’ve read on this here forum of Discover allowing such but I think there are some requirements that have to be met.  As far as credit unions I’ve been able to move limits around with PenFed and while I’ve never moved any Navy limits around I’ve recently read around these here parts that you can combine with them as well.  

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi required a HP via EO for me, and the account must be at least 12 months old that you are moving it from, I was told.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What banks allow & dont Credit Line consolidating

I rather just take too cards from one lender & combine into one but i need too no who allows this 

Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Discover allows, i have moved 25k with chase no HP.

EDIT: Discover has to be open 90 Days.

Not sure on Chase.

I have asked at Citibank, NO! HUCA NO!, HUCA NO!

Citi Will do a product change @ 1year. certain conditions apply.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn’t Disco require the receiving card to be eligible for a CLI or is that just for a partial reallocation?

NFCU will let you reallocate limits but they don’t like people closing a card and combining the full limit with another one — your success in getting that done is YMMV.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told you I did it with Citibank successfully through the executive office but it requires a hard pull @ Equifax. And it requires the account be more than a year old that you’re pulling the limit from, that you’re reallocating from.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.