Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What companies combine card limits?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: What companies combine card limits?

@Anonymous wrote:
Doesn’t Disco require the receiving card to be eligible for a CLI or is that just for a partial reallocation?

I believe that is Exactly what the Rep told me on the phone today, I want to transfer at least 12K from Chrome

to the $8200 it, so when i do a balance transfer, Utilization will Be kept low. Thus keeping my CRA Scores afloat.

so it sounds like 90 days from Disco it to be open, to then be eligible for CLI then reallocate.

Message 11 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Barclay was easy for me. They suggested I do so when I closed the now gone Sallie Mae. Chase was also very easy. Never tried anywhere else..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently did this via online chat with Amex. Took maybe 5 minutes for CSR to confirm and my accounts reflected it the next day (may have been faster than that, but I didn't check). One card had been open for less than a week... I hadn't even received the card yet.

Message 13 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently did this via online chat with Amex. Took maybe 5 minutes for CSR to confirm and my accounts reflected it the next day (may have been faster than that, but I didn't check). One card had been open for less than a week... I hadn't even received the card yet.

(Amex) In My Experience, it takes effect before they hang up. as long as it is approved.

done it a few times.

(Chase) Always a simple process.

Message 14 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO will reallocate limits
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know i plan on getting a card with them but only offer 1 cc too anyone in my footprint area 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.