Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could this mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What could this mean?

I got a call from cap one last night wanting to verify my income. So what could this mean???
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What could this mean?

blazzinbird wrote:
I got a call from cap one last night wanting to verify my income. So what could this mean???

Exactly what they said- that they want to verify income. Is this in reference to a card you already have- or one that you have just recently app'd for? If it is one you app'd for that is a good sign- it is under manual review.

If it is for one you already have- they may be looking at your totaly credit picture.

Need more info. Have you recently app'd for credit from Cap One and anyone else?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a new card with them over the weekend. I want to get rid of several of my cards. Want to go to 2 cards. So I get a call last night asking to verify my income.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

blazzinbird wrote:
I applied for a new card with them over the weekend. I want to get rid of several of my cards. Want to go to 2 cards. So I get a call last night asking to verify my income.

Ok- it just means they are taking extra steps to verify some stuff. Not a bad thing. Did they ask you to send any forms or just questions over the phone?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just over the phone.

So it isnt a sign Ill be getting it then?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't say. But it doesn't mean a "no" either. Call them up. However, a question to you- are you closing the other cards because they have an AF? If not...you may not want to close them, especially if you have had them a long time because history counts too...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 of the ones im closing Ive had less then a year. One of them I cant even get ahold of.  The other has a high intrest which they said they wont reduce.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they aren't costing you anything you may not want to close them. And the one w/ the high apr- if they won't lower just sockdrawer it and dust it off  2x a year to keep the CL open. It is up to you but closing accounts can actually hurt you if it makes a big diff. in your avg. age and/or utilization.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
If they aren't costing you anything you may not want to close them. And the one w/ the high apr- if they won't lower just sockdrawer it and dust it off  2x a year to keep the CL open. It is up to you but closing accounts can actually hurt you if it makes a big diff. in your avg. age and/or utilization.

agreed.

sockdrawering is an awesome strategy.

It's like putting a naughty child in timeout, till they calm down and give you what you want.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.