cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card approves you for high credit with bad score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit card approves you for high credit with bad score?

Im new here. I was wondering I got 567 as credit score. I know it's not good but is paying off my credit cards next month.

My question is do anyone here know a credit card company that approves bad credit score (567) for high credit regardless of my bad credit score??? I paid off and closed 3 of my credit cards yesterday because max balance is small $200. Only credit card that showed me love is capital one. I have two cards with them they both 3,000 max per card. That's what i want is card to have bigger limits. I will use those new cards to buy item less than $20 dollars and pay back slowly on time.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit card approves you for high credit with bad score?

What is the cause of your low score? If you can work on those issues and get into the mid 600 range, that is where opportunities for bigger limits really start up.
Income is also be big factor, so if you have big income and lower scores, you are in good shape,especially for a Venture. I

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone giving big limits at your current score.
Message 2 of 13
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Im new here. I was wondering I got 567 as credit score. I know it's not good but is paying off my credit cards next month.

My question is do anyone here know a credit card company that approves bad credit score (567) for high credit regardless of my bad credit score??? I paid off and closed 3 of my credit cards yesterday because max balance is small $200. Only credit card that showed me love is capital one. I have two cards with them they both 3,000 max per card. That's what i want is card to have bigger limits. I will use those new cards to buy item less than $20 dollars and pay back slowly on time.

Welcome to MyFico!

You have some gardening and rebuilding to do to get to where you want to be. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but it’s going to take some time. 

Where did you get you score from? Which CB is it? What does the others report? Any baddies? 

What Cap One cards do you have? How long have they been open and when was your last CLI? 

With that current score, you are stuck with the subprime cards. If you use your Cap One responsibility, you should see your scores increase fairly quickly. Once your into the low to mid 600, things open up for prime lenders. Once you get lower to mid 700s, a lot more opens including larger SL. 

Read posts here and learn what you can.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 3 of 13
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

NFCU was the first to give me the largest CC amount, and continues to lead the pack in amount lent, at over 2x the amount of my next highest card. They also gave me a 15k CLOC along with my first CC with them, when I had very low 600's.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need it right away and are only gonna be using it for $20 here and there why do you need such a large SL? This is a marathon not a sprint .You need to take your time and better your credit profile before you go along and wasting HP. That's the best advice I can give in my opinion. Stick around the forums and go read the "rebuilding your credit" forum thread .That should have some good info in there for you for right now.  .

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing 3 cards probably wasn't the greatest idea depending what they are.

Why would you put $20 on a card and "slowly pay back on time"? That makes it look like you're so poor that you can't afford $20 items here and there. Chances are that your min payment would be the $20 anyway.

Message 6 of 13
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

Sounds like you might want to take a peek at your credit report (buy one here for in depth info or free CK for super basics) and start cleaning things up...pay for deletes, disputes, goodwill letters, etc. and give it a little time and your scores will rise as well as your limits.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 7 of 13
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Rebuilding69wrote:

NFCU was the first to give me the largest CC amount, and continues to lead the pack in amount lent, at over 2x the amount of my next highest card. They also gave me a 15k CLOC along with my first CC with them, when I had very low 600's.

Are they BK friendly? Ch 7 discharged in July 2016

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that military credit card for those who served? Or can anyone apply for it.

To everyone on here im working on paying my debt off and been on time with my payments. I had both of my capital one cards for over 2 years it jumped really fast. Went from $250 limit to $3,000 limit for each card. Im trying to get new high limit cards but don't got time to age it. I been talking to people who is good at blackhat and darknet and they have a few methods to jump my score really fast in a month or two then I can apply for big limit cards and I will get it I was just trying to see if anyone here knew another method.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

A mid-high 500's score suggests that someone is a very risky borrower.  It wouldn't make sense for a lender to extend a very risky borrower a very high credit limit.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.