Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card do you use?

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

What credit card do you use?

Just out of curiosity, I see a bunch of people with multiple cards on here. So.. What card do you utilize the most and why?

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: What credit card do you use?

CSP & PRG for UR and MR rewards. QS is taking care of the recurring bills. Freedom is taking a breather except for restaurants.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 2 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Random_idiot wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I see a bunch of people with multiple cards on here. So.. What card do you utilize the most and why?

Chase Freedom UL and Amex BCE. Smiley Happy

I love the Freedom because I racked up TONS of cash back in less than 3 weeks, by spending only $500 on it (includes sign-up bonus and 10% promotions for July)

Amex BCE because I really want my relationship with them to grow. I may apply for another AMEX card in about 1-2 years when I come out of the garden!

Message 3 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use three credit union cards and Discover because of their rewards structure and large credit lines. My daily drivers are listed in my signature line.

Message 4 of 61
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Random_idiot wrote:

You really have to look at your own spend and other requirements to determine which cards suit you.  I utilize the cards that I use to maximize rewards on my spend.

What are you looking for?  If it's rewards on spend then where is the majority of your spend going?  Is it in typical bonus categories?  Is it noncategory?  What sort of volume?  Are there other features and benefits that matter to you?

Message 5 of 61
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

You really have to look at your own spend and other requirements to determine which cards suit you.  I utilize the cards that I use to maximize rewards on my spend.

What are you looking for?  If it's rewards on spend then where is the majority of your spend going?  Is it in typical bonus categories?  Is it noncategory?  What sort of volume?  Are there other features and benefits that matter to you?

That is why he posted this thread asking why do you use X card........

Anyways .... I use my Citi Thank you Premier for my daily driver which also happen to have a lot of Travel, entertainment and food purchases and my Chas Freedom since it is a Visa unlike my Citi card and has 5% CB at warehouses until end of the year at least.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 61
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I find myself using my BOA Cash Rewards the most. I bank with them and it's just convenient for budgeting to see everything under the one login. I know how much I have in checking, and I know how much I've spent. I've tried the use of up to 10 cards before, and I found it made it a lot more difficult to effectively track spending. There are apps to do it for you, but to me it was just too much hassle.

Having said that, I still have a few other cards that get used for random purposes. Discover, Cash+, Chase Disney, etc. They just aren't really used daily

Message 7 of 61
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I find myself using my BOA Cash Rewards the most. I bank with them and it's just convenient for budgeting to see everything under the one login. I know how much I have in checking, and I know how much I've spent. I've tried the use of up to 10 cards before, and I found it made it a lot more difficult to effectively track spending. There are apps to do it for you, but to me it was just too much hassle.

Having said that, I still have a few other cards that get used for random purposes. Discover, Cash+, Chase Disney, etc. They just aren't really used daily

I did that for a while with Chase cards since I have a Chase bank account but realized I don't really like their cards. I would change to Citi  but Chase is better for me since it is close to where I live. I liked the CSP but I find TYP more valuable than UR atm.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was using my Quicksilver the most, for its general spending rewards. But I recently got a Freedom and am taking advantage of its combo 0% period and restaurants category. Once that's done in Sep, I'll be using my Double Cash the most, because now it has the highest general spending rewards rate out of all my cards. 

Message 9 of 61
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Well BofA, QS, Disco and Amazon are carrying 0% balances (I may BT Amazon to BofA to consolidate more) but on a daily I use Freedom for food and other misc expenses, AAdvantage for monthly bills and PRG for gas and groceries. Once the Freedom category for dining runs out I'll switch that spend to Marriott
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.