Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card do you use?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: What credit card do you use?

Right now I am using the Amex SPG because when I hit 5k spend I will get bonus points. Also using my citi AA card to meet signup bonus. Cable/internet/phone/office supplies still go on the ink because its 5x categories. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 51 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i use both freedoms to maximize my UR. what's CPU 1 points per dollar?

at the end of each month, i transfer any freedom and FU reward points that I accumulate to my CSP.  I intend to use these points to book traveling which gives me 25% more.

is this what you're asking me?

Sorry, Typo, I meant CSP.

I didn't know this.

I knew that with the Freedom, you could get 5 points per dollar on those revolving categories, while others are 1 point per dollar.

CSP has 2 points per on dining + travel.

I did not know that you could get the FU as well.. which is 1.5% on all.. so instead of using everything else and gettin 1 point per, you could use the FU and get 1.5 points per.. is that correct?

If so, wow. You learn something new everyday. That's awesome!

thats correct. so with freedom, all my points are in the 5% categories

i try to make it so that most of my CSP points are in the 2% categories

and everything else is on the FU at 1.5%. pretty nice set up.

that extra 0.5% on lets say 2000 a month for a year is not bad. that is not the case though. i dont think i'm more than 500$ on "general spending" a month. so the accumulation is not fast, but it is something.

Message 52 of 61
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^ holy S*** with your credit limits.

i summed it up and got 497.8k of credit......How??????????

I've been growing my credit for several years now and I think my income also helps contributes (200+). To be honest, some of my current limits have gotten as high as they are due to account consolidations (e.g. several Amex cards, BOA, Citi, Chase, etc.) before many lenders stopped the ability to move credit lines. 

Message 53 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I am using my Amex EDP because I have to hit the min spend. I'm at 1k of 3.

I carry 4 cards a day, and honestly it depends on what the days plans are.

Amex EDP, CITI Prestige, United Club, and my Ritz seem to be what I carry the most. Platinum makes it in if im flying anywhere.

I only use my Venture, CSP and Barclays 1 or 2 times a month just to keep them active. Planning to close the Barclays after Christmas. Venture is my oldest.

Message 54 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now it's Ritz and AMEX BCE to meet spend for the bonus. After that, I'll have to evaluate to see what gives me the most. I have an FNBO Platinum that I use 2-4 times a year as it has no perks but one of my older prime cards. 

Message 55 of 61
elim
Senior Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

^ holy S*** with your credit limits.

i summed it up and got 497.8k of credit......How??????????

I've been growing my credit for several years now and I think my income also helps contributes (200+). To be honest, some of my current limits have gotten as high as they are due to account consolidations (e.g. several Amex cards, BOA, Citi, Chase, etc.) before many lenders stopped the ability to move credit lines. 

+1  I like that 80k Freedom...  congrats

Message 56 of 61
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I'm Very Boring... I generally like to have all my spending in one or two places. 

In my wallet - QS Visa Signature, Everyday Card .... PNC Core, Backup to the Quicksilver 

SD, but have purposes - BlisPay, Short Term Balance Carrying .... PenFed Promise, Auto Bill Payments .... Amazon Visa, Amazon only .... Citi Simplicity, carrying a 12K BT

SD, UTL buffering - PNC points, PenFed Gold

Message 57 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCP for gas (3%) and groceries (6%), Amazon for, well, Amazon (5%), and Citi DC for Everything else (2%).

The others each get rotated in for a purchase or two every few months to keep them active or if I need to make a major purchase and get close maxing out one of the primary cards. I usually PIF before the statements cut but ocasionally let a relivativly small ballance show.

Message 58 of 61
iced
Valued Contributor

MileagePlus Club gets about 90% of my monthly spend, and the rest goes on to Citi Premier.

Message 59 of 61
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

This is my current approach.  However, I am very interested in some of the posts here and hope to learn from them.

Amex BCP for 6%grocery stores and 3% departments stores

Barclay Rewards 2% utilities and drugstores

Chase Ink 5% cable/phone/internet/office supply stores

Citi Costco 2% Costco

Discover 5% home improvement stores this quarter – need new locksets for doors

Sallie Mae 5%WalMart and 5% gas

Sam’s Card 3% dining

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.