Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card should i use ??

tag
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: What credit card should i use ??

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:
What did I do to this thread you guys ganged up on me because I post a lot and listed my income. Jesus I am purchasing a new car and wanted a gas card and I was literally shot down by all of u guys

I'm sorry that I was just not that impressed with the Shell mastercard. I thought it was a productive conversation though.

Message 91 of 102

Guys I'm not mad at anyone or ganging up I was just saying the gas I use for each car and yes I can from nothing so I do talk sometimes
Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 92 of 102
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:
Guys I'm not mad at anyone or ganging up I was just saying the gas I use for each car and yes I can from nothing so I do talk sometimes

I think we have gotten back on track

OP no one was ganging up on you we do give constructive answers on this forum. 

We respect each others views and responses including yours.

You have the option to take the answers best suited for your situation and apply it for best results.

Word to the wise and just an FYI so please don't take offense

When a community leader ask you to tone down a conversation please do so as to not get a MOD involved

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 93 of 102
broseph23
Regular Contributor

@lexie I think if one spends over $250k on any charge card now they can call and request one, but I may be wrong. Just thought I read it somewhere. But yeah, I just read this whole thread and now it's a bit off topic! OP: get whatever gas card (but looks like you've already pulled the trigger) you want and use whatever you want on your purchase of the escalade. Everyone here was just trying to tell you what would probably give you the most rewards, that is all. Good luck.
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 94 of 102
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

To be honest, I'm pretty surprised that you, who commands a 350k salary, doesn't do research on the cards that you possess.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 95 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@myjourney

I think it is also important to remember that for every one person that creates a thread to ask a question there are probably 10 people with the same question who will read the thread later. For that reason I think it is important to include as much information and be as thorough as possible.
Message 96 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@broseph23

I believe that $250k is the current spend requirement. It has gone back in forth on invite vs open app. Last I heard, it was back to invite- I can be wrong. Smiley Wink
Message 97 of 102
myjourney
Super Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:
@myjourney

I think it is also important to remember that for every one person that creates a thread to ask a question there are probably 10 people with the same question who will read the thread later. For that reason I think it is important to include as much information and be as thorough as possible.

Agreed we can't help without all the facts so we ask questions Smiley Wink

What we don't do is tell people to apply for this or that w/o knowing what a persons CR looks like.

Which is why this forum is by far the best.....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 98 of 102

Then why did the forumgoer have a problem with me I was giving info
Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 99 of 102
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Something my grandparents have always told me is "It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

Marty, some of your comments had an aggressive tone to them. Maybe you didn't mean for it to come across like that, but like someone commented earlier it's hard to know a poster's intended tone through text.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 100 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.