cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card should i use ??

tag

Re: What credit card should i use ??

where i live on the corner 20 seconds from my house is shell lol i going to apply for the astercard shell now

@GatorGuy wrote:

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@GatorGuy wrote:

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
No question is silly. IMO, I would rather get rewards by putting my gas on Amex, Discover, Chase etc. gas cards even if you PIF, have no rewards.

shell platinum mastercard 10 cent per gallon ......

10 cents per gallon when the avg cost of gallon of gas is 3.25 comes out to a savings of ~3%. Compare that with Chase Freedom or PenFed which gives 5%.

I know and gas by me is about 4.25 for 89 gas. I think im going to get it because its a mastercard

The higher the cost of a gallon of gas, the less that 10 cents savings is worth which is I just prefer to stick with my PenFed which saves me 5%. 5% on a $4.25 gallon of gas is 22 cents more than double the savings of the shell card.

Also, I prefer non branded cards for conience. Whenver I fill up I just want to find the closest cheapest station and not have to worry about finding a Shell station, etc.

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 41 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

where i live on the counter 20 seconds from my house is shell lol i going to apply for the astercard shell no

Good luck!

Message 42 of 102
enharu
Super Contributor

Where are you located? I'm just curious as to which part of the country where shell does not carry any 91 gas. Almost all luxury vehicles run on 91 gas. I pump predominantly shell and I never had a problem with getting 91 gas at shell.....

And why would you get a subprime card when you supposedly have this many prime cards with high CLs? Like others have said, those prime cards you supposedly do have, have much better rewards too. You are a BK attorney. I'm sure you can do simple math like that.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 43 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Where are you located? I'm just curious as to which part of the country where shell does not carry any 91 gas. Almost all luxury vehicles run on 91 gas. I pump predominantly shell and I never had a problem with getting 91 gas at shell.....

And why would you get a subprime card when you supposedly have this many prime cards with high CLs? Like others have said, those prime cards you supposedly do have, have much better rewards too. You are a BK attorney. I'm sure you can do simple math like that.

In Florida most stations are 87, 89 and 93.

Message 44 of 102

@enharu wrote:

First of all i was approved for 10,000 and it is a citi card that isnt that subprime and  i live on long island and i was a bk attorney until 2005 i closed my patnership. and the only place by me is unoco has 91 but my shell ha 87,89,93

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Message 45 of 102
enharu
Super Contributor

I don't mean to be rude, but I was just genuinely curious. So you applied for the shell card and got 10k CL? Anyhow like others said the freedom that you already have does provide better rewards, but what's done is done.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 46 of 102

@enharu wrote:
I don't mean to be rude, but I was just genuinely curious. So you applied for the shell card and got 10k CL? Anyhow like others said the freedom that you already have does provide better rewards, but what's done is done.

Yes if you dont understand this is not the charge card, this is the platinum mastercard my credit is perfect and my income is 350k

Message 47 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

First of all i was approved for 10,000 and it is a citi card that isnt that subprime and  i live on long island and i was a bk attorney until 2005 i closed my patnership. and the only place by me is unoco has 91 but my shell ha 87,89,93

I thought the Shell Citi card was only 5 cents per gallon?

Message 48 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your approval. Although Citi is far from being a subprime cc, some would argue the benefits are and based on the math and all around rewards card without rotating categories would have suited you better. With your cr profile, PenFed would have been better.
Message 49 of 102

@GatorGuy wrote:

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I thought the Shell Citi card was only 5 cents per gallon?

depends on how much you charge

Message 50 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.