Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card should i use ??

tag
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: What credit card should i use ??

@enharu wrote:
Marty, I don't mean downgrade in terms of scores. What I meant was downgrade in rewards compared to your freedom. The freedom does provide a better gas reward, for this quarter at least.

Citi also has a 5% gas, groceries, and drug store offer going on for the thank you card, which is also better than this shell card.

The penfed card gives you 5% for gas all year round if I am not wrong.

You are not wrong. Smiley Happy

Message 61 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yep, $500 in a billing cycle. With his wife's new car and his Ferrari that shouldn't be a problem.
Message 62 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yep, $500 in a billing cycle. With his wife's new car and his Ferrari that shouldn't be a problem.

I suppose that is true.

Message 63 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 64 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
However, the credit is up to the first 100 gal

@Wait, you have to spend $500 to get that .10 per gallon but then you don't even get a credit on that full $500? i.e. 100 gallons @ $4.25 = $425.

This card is really not sounding great.

Message 65 of 102
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, no but the OP is happy with his decision. Like I said, in general gas cards even co branded gas cards will never exceed reward based cc's.
Message 66 of 102

@09Lexie wrote:

i might sell the ferrari acutally for the 2014 maserati quattorporte . The equity in the car is unbelieveable i bought it new cash in 2007

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 67 of 102
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

i might sell the ferrari acutally for the 2014 maserati quattorporte . The equity in the car is unbelieveable i bought it new cash in 2007

If you do make sure you get the S Q4 rather than the GTS!

Message 68 of 102

@GatorGuy wrote:

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

If you do make sure you get the S Q4 rather than the GTS!

Right on the money 4.7 S  BEAUTIFUL they only have one and its in silver

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 69 of 102
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@MartyFisher92100 wrote:

@enharu wrote:
I don't mean to be rude, but I was just genuinely curious. So you applied for the shell card and got 10k CL? Anyhow like others said the freedom that you already have does provide better rewards, but what's done is done.

Yes if you dont understand this is not the charge card, this is the platinum mastercard my credit is perfect and my income is 350k

I must chime in here for a second. No need to be bragging about what you have and rubbing it in other posters faces. The other posters are giving great advice as to what you have in cards already and are just curious as to why you would open a subprime card for gas. If you don't like the feed back I would highly recommend not replying back to them if the advise is not what you are expecting. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 70 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.