Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit card to pick up

tag
red259
Super Contributor

What credit card to pick up

I'm looking to apply for one more credit card and seeking advice on the best card to target. I am over 5/24 with chase 9have all the saphire/freedom some ink cards). I think I am still on bonus timeout with most of the citi cards. I have amex gold/plat, business plus etc.  I am eyeing the Amex Hilton Aspire card (currently have the ascend) or maybe one of the marriott cards (pretty sure I am past the bonus clock on those). Open to any suggestions. Focusing on travel rewards not cashback. Have relationships with most major lenders. Is there anything that beats out the Aspire card in terms of SUB and ongoing benefits? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit card to pick up

Probably won't be able to get approved for any marriott card with your profile, you meant to say SPG?

Have you looked at the CNB crystal card? Currently the top on Doc's best CC list (for its 75K SUB) and is known to be an excellent long term keeper where they pay you hundreds a year (as long as 1. you fly AA and pay them more than $1000 a year out of your own pocket, 2. you can add 4 AUs) for all the benefits (full visa infinite benefits including the unlimited $100 air discount for 2 or more and 2 PPS cards) you'll enjoy. 

AFAIK Hilton has too many diamonds, thus Aspire is not really that competitive against crystal.

Message 2 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably won't be able to get approved for any marriott card with your profile, you meant to say SPG?

Have you looked at the CNB crystal card? Currently the top on Doc's best CC list (for its 75K SUB) and is known to be an excellent long term keeper where they pay you hundreds a year (as long as 1. you fly AA and pay them more than $1000 a year out of your own pocket, 2. you can add 4 AUs) for all the benefits (full visa infinite benefits including the unlimited $100 air discount for 2 or more and 2 PPS cards) you'll enjoy. 

AFAIK Hilton has too many diamonds, thus Aspire is not really that competitive against crystal.

I think CNB is more of a cashback card which is not something I am interested in. I don't have the AUs to add to the card which seems the real value here and I don't go out of pocket enough with AA. I can see it being a good fit for some people, but a lot of the benefits its does not look like I can maximize.

;
Message 3 of 5
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Have you thought of looking into the WF Propel?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
Have you thought of looking into the WF Propel?

That looks like a cash back card which I am not super interested in. I don't know much about the card, but I have an amex blue business plus that gives me 2 amex points on all non cat spend, I get 3x chase URs on travel, 5x points with phones/internet/cable with ink and I get 4x amex points with restaurant/grocery. I'm not really sure where that card would fit in. I look for point cards because I am interested in redeeming international first class flights, high end hotels etc, so cashback cards don't have a whole lot of appeal for me. The cell phone protection is nice but I'm going to pick up the one ink card I do not have next year which offers that when I drop below 5/24. 

;
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.