cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit cards issue the highest limits?

tag
alexhawkeye

What credit cards issue the highest limits?

I have good credit, in the 700's.  Are there any cards that typically issue high initial limits?  What's the highest I should expect? I have a couple 10K cards and haven't really tried any new applications.    Are there any that have a reputation with providing high limits?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit cards issue the highest limits?

@alexhawkeye wrote:

I have good credit, in the 700's.  Are there any cards that typically issue high initial limits?  What's the highest I should expect? I have a couple 10K cards and haven't really tried any new applications.    Are there any that have a reputation with providing high limits?

Thanks!

Too general of a question as we have no way of knowing what credit limits you might receive without knowing much more about your credit file.  In general, though not always the case, credit unions tend to give out higher credit limits more so than the regular banks.

Message 2 of 49
degs138
Established Contributor

I've noticed Navy credit union issues some high starting limits.  As well as Amex if you have a clean credit file.  Citi is stingy as well as BOA.  If you already have some 10k limit cards that is more than likely the starting limit.  Though you can recon for a higher limit on your card once you're approved.  Capital one, Barclay and Chase I've had experiance with and they are, in my opinion, pretty easy to recon with.  Then again, I didn't have any baddie's on my credit file.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 3 of 49
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: What credit cards issue the highest limits

Starting line lean towards income + DTI %. There is not one company that gives absurd lines for cards, it depends on the applicant. Usually you can expect to starting lines to be in line with already established lines.

Message 4 of 49
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@alexhawkeye wrote:

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

You've posted this in three different places. Please refrain from cross posting.

Message 5 of 49
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Can't believe no one has mentioned Capital One's Venture card. Starting limits up to $50k. I've seen several $20k and $30k approvals in these forums. 

Message 6 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexhawkeye wrote:

Thanks!

Welcome to MYFICO..  Alot of factors go into deciding what your limit should be thus income, credit profile etc.. No one can guess what your limit will be just basing it in scores in the 700s.

To get better answers from the forum list your scores, tell us what you want in a card or the cards your are looking at that fits your needs and we can go from there...

Message 7 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to vary due to many different factors so hard to pick just one company. For me capital one gives me my highest limits which is the opposite of how they used to be.
Message 8 of 49
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Currently:

Capital One Venture

Chase Marriott, United, or Ritz

Message 9 of 49
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Yep, Chase Marriott can be decent.  Just got my card in with a $25k credit limit - way more than I needed for sure.

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.