Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit union is the best?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit union is the best?

Any suggestion for a good CU in NJ? I would like to join them for my future auto loan and may be home loan if they offer good rate in near future

Message 11 of 18
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any suggestion for a good CU in NJ? I would like to join them for my future auto loan and may be home loan if they offer good rate in near future

Affinity FCU - the biggest CU in NJ.

First Financial FCU - Ocean and Monmouth Counties

Raritan Bay FCU- Middlesex County.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 12 of 18
rocketsfan85
Established Member

Is anyone a member of First Entertainment or Department of Water and Power credit union?  I joined USAA recently and want to join a local credit union. Anyone have any experience with those credit unions or others in Los Angeles?

Message 13 of 18
Gray
Regular Contributor

Figure out what your current and future requirements are and then shop based on them.

Message 14 of 18
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

If my parents live in Penn can they join PSECU? And will that make me eligible? I currently live in nevada, any good local credit unions here?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 15 of 18
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

1st City Credit Union in Downtown LA and Lawndale.

I never heard of them before I joined.  It is pretty easy to meet their Criteria to join.  They publish the requirements on the Internet.

How about a Visa Card with a 15K limit @ 9% APR  with NO CASH ADVANCE FEE?

Auto loan?  2.75%

I had a 724 Experian Fico when I app'ed.  They were a great find.

...Ranger Out

Message 16 of 18
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I have friends who have Water & Power for regular share/checking accounts, but have no loans or CCs with them. They seem to be happy with their overall service, but YMMV. I posted a link to their CC earlier in this thread, check it out.
Message 17 of 18
book1773
Valued Member

I just became a member of Water and Power Credit Union and from my experience

they are very friendly. I also applied for there MasterCard and received a initial credit

line of $1000.00 they pull Experian and my score was around 670.. Hopefully in 6 months

or so with solid payment history they will bump it up.

I also became a member of Pacific Resource Credit Union and Applied for

there credit card and was denied because I have some old baddies from years ago.

It seems with them they want a perfect file with absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.