Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I need to do next?

Hey everyone. I applied for the CITI Costco Anywhere CC and i got a letter in the mail saying the want me to send them an IRS form called 4506-T. What is that form? I've never heard of it, I know I may sound stupid but im 19 and I've never heard of that form.
Thanks for the help.
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do I need to do next?

They're requesting income verification.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh ok so I just fill out the form and send it to them?
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ohh ok so I just fill out the form and send it to them?

Yes, it allows them to verify your income by having access to your income tax returns.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I'm 19 I have never done taxes. How are they gonna get my tax returns if i have none?
Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

By chance did you over inglate your income on application?
Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Inflate, sorry.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
But I'm 19 I have never done taxes. How are they gonna get my tax returns if i have none?

What did you state was your income when you app'd for the card?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put my income as 35K a year because thats what I make a year. I put that income on all of my CC apps and they've been instantly approved. I was instantly approved for Amex BCE, Chase Slate, Care Credit and for my very first card which was Cap1 Platinum.
Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok thanks, how long have you had your credit cards? I know Citi likes to see at least a year of credit history so perhaps they saw your aaoa your age and just wanted to make sure its you apping? Im not sure just throwing darts at the board to see what may stick. I wouldnt even know how one could fill out the 4506 if they hadnt done taxes before. Interesting. Hope the best for youSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.