cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do costumer service reps see on your account?

tag
BlueTank
Established Member

What do costumer service reps see on your account?

I'm curious as to what costumer service reps see about your account when you call them. I know they can make notes because I recently updated my checking account information with the check numbers included after my account number and my payments didn't go through, but the amex rep said she'll make note of what happened and the problem wouldn't be an issue. Do they detail everytime you call or rank if you're a good or bad costumer. Just wondering.

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - 9200 (1/13)
Chase Sapphire Visa Signature - 5000 (7/13)
Citi Thank You Preferred Visa - 10400 (4/11)
Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard - 5500 (7/13)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: What do costumer service reps see on your account?

I don't think they rank you, but I'm pretty sure they make notes as to what happened during the call, so that any future rep can pull up those notes. 

Message 2 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

I don't think they rank you, but I'm pretty sure they make notes as to what happened during the call, so that any future rep can pull up those notes. 

+1 on the notes. 

I called Chase and IberiaBank recently to give them a heads up for a big purchase I was making (wasn't sure which card I would use), and both of the reps for each issuer stated that they would make a note on my account so there wouldn't be any problem.  Chase did say that it was possible I might receive just a courtesy call to verify the purchase, but when it came time to actually do it, I used the CSP card and no phone call. 

Message 3 of 8
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I think they can atleast see your Balance and maybe recent transactions

this was always my question too especially when i walk into a bank to make a deposit and a hot teller handles me i start to think oh plz don't look at my balance Smiley Very Happy

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 4 of 8
Vikz27
New Contributor

Well where I work I can see almost everything! Fico score, notes, personal info (except SSN)
How many times have you gone on the online websites. Well just about anything needed to help the customer but evaluate of policies and laws we can't give out some of that info
Message 5 of 8
Vikz27
New Contributor

Sorry had a typo before, ment to say because instead of evaluate
Message 6 of 8
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@Vikz27 wrote:
Well where I work I can see almost everything! Fico score, notes, personal info (except SSN)
How many times have you gone on the online websites. Well just about anything needed to help the customer but evaluate of policies and laws we can't give out some of that info

That's interesting.  When I called Amex last night practically the first thing the rep said was "I can see you're on-line on our web site." I don't think I was even logged in.

Message 7 of 8
eddie84
Valued Contributor

When I called and spoke with 2 different BofA analysts, they'd leave notes/memo on my account so when the next one pulls it up, he or she can see it and continue whatever the other person was doing right away.  They also see my CL, when the account was approved, any attempt at CLI, etc.

I'd imagine that it's a standard stuff for most banks/lenders?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.