Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you guys think now????

tag
GLMRGIRL717
Established Member

What do you guys think now????

A couple of weeks back, I asked whether or not you thought Amex would approve me with the following info:

The last baddie was removed from my Experian report yesterday so I have a 2 year history (BofA open since May '06, Orchard opened in July '06, closed in July '07, Wamu open since Nov' 06, Cap 1 open since July '07 and Express store card open since last month) of perfect payments on my report.  I really want to apply for the Jetblue Amex as well as the Delta Skymiles Amex since I will be doing a ton of travel this summer and would like to rack up on the mileage and score some free tickets.  I'm wondering if Amex will deny me due to rather high utilization on my cards.  I have a $600 limit on BofA (balance at $515), a $125 remaining balance on Orchard, a $750 limit on Wamu (balance at $525), a $1000 limit on Capital One (balance at $888) and a $350 limit on Express (balance at $165).  I'm paying $800 towards my cards at the end of the month, but I was hoping to apply before I pay since we are buying the first round of plane tickets in the next couple of weeks for our extended family trip to Orlando.  Everyone is giving me cash and I was going to buy the tickets with my debit card, but I would rather use the Amex and then pay it in full so I can get all the mileage.  What does anyone think my chances are of getting approved, or is it highly unlikely?  Thanks for the advice!!!!

You guys responded back with a lot of positive suggestions about my utilization and I've made some stong headway since then.  I wanted to know what you thought my chance are now for the Delta Amex and the Jetblue Amex based on the updated info:

BofA- Open since May of '06.  I got them to raise my limit to $1000 and after my payment hits tomorrow, my balance will be $0.

Orchard Bank- Open in June of '06, Closed in July of '06 (ridiculous AF).  Credit limit of $300, remaining balance of $130.

Wamu- Open since Nov. of '06.  My credit limit is $750 and I currently have a balance of $650 that I will probably pay off when my payment is due next week.  So my balance be $0 or maybe a little more.

Capital 1- Open in June of '07.  My credit limit is $1000 and I payed my balance down from $945 to $295.

Express Store Card- Open in April '08.  My credit limit is $350 and I just payed my balance down to $0.

No baddies on Experian at all.  Do you think I have a good shot now?  My overall utilization will be 13% if they factor in the Orchard balance, or 9% if they don't (maybe a little higher if I don't pay WAMU in full).

Thanks for all the advice!!!! 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What do you guys think now????

I would wait until next month when all these updates happen and pull a myfico ex report and see scores, then decide rather to apply or not.  I think the one thing that might hurt you is the fact that your highest cl is 1000.  When is the last time you tried to get that up more?
Message 2 of 6
GLMRGIRL717
Established Member

UPDATE:

So, when my CRA's updated, I had a total utilization of 17%.  I pulled my EX Fico and it was 710.  So I bit the bullet and applied for the Jetblue Amex.  I was approved instantly for $3500!!!!
Message 3 of 6
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

GLMRGIRL717 wrote:
UPDATE:

So, when my CRA's updated, I had a total utilization of 17%.  I pulled my EX Fico and it was 710.  So I bit the bullet and applied for the Jetblue Amex.  I was approved instantly for $3500!!!!

WTG............ very nice EX score and what a great starting CL. 
Message 4 of 6
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Way to go!!! Congrats on your new card and limit! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new card, GLMRGIRL717!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.