Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think, experts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you think, experts?

Both hubby and I have received notice of increase in rates. Is this market based or are they targeting us because we are nearing credit limits? What to do, in your opinion: transfer balance to a new card or grin and bear it? Background: 7 yrs post chapter 7 with fair to good credit (I topped 7s last month, he's still in high 6s.) No bad report for past 7 years, but plenty before that. Thanks, joss
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: What do you think, experts?

jss wrote:
Both hubby and I have received notice of increase in rates. Is this market based or are they targeting us because we are nearing credit limits? What to do, in your opinion: transfer balance to a new card or grin and bear it? Background: 7 yrs post chapter 7 with fair to good credit (I topped 7s last month, he's still in high 6s.) No bad report for past 7 years, but plenty before that. Thanks, joss

I belive this is targeted at you alone because you are nearing yor credit limit. This is how they make their money. They are anticipating that soon enough you may be unable to pay your account and with a higher APR they'll get to make more money off you. I would call them and ask, how thay came to that decison.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Takunda1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I belive this is targeted at you alone because you are nearing yor credit limit. This is how they make their money. They are anticipating that soon enough you may be unable to pay your account and with a higher APR they'll get to make more money off you. I would call them and ask, how thay came to that decison.

Thanks, I was suspicious myself. I can do some juggling because I was targeting a payoff on one of them...and I will challenge them. One of the notices was a new goofy program from Wamu to force me into a 1 percent cash reward program. I don't want that. The other, I suspect, was my hubby nearing limits, though, and I can fix that. Let's see what they say when I balance transfer his balance. Hah!
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jss wrote:

Could be both but it's more likely they are targeting you because of your high utilization. Do you have cash on hand to pay down the balances?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.