Established Contributor

What do you think this means from CITI Diamond

Message Edited by plasticguy on 01-07-2009 09:49 PM
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
brooklyngal
Contributor

Re: What do you think this means from CITI Diamond

It means that you're eligible for another one.  Click the link--hopefully you'll get approved for it automatically w/o a hard pull. 

When you got the last increase, you clicked that link, or was it though another method?

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 2 of 19
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, when the option appears to request a CLI I've always gotten an increase of roughly 20% without a hard pull. It always has instantly approved me for the increase. Per others here, if a form appears for you to fill out, don't (unless you want a hard pull)....

Go for it and congratulations in advance for your approx. 20% CLI!!!

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 3 of 19
plasticguy
Established Contributor

To make a long story short, when I opened the account and requested a CLI after 6 months I was denied without a pull due to a defaulted CIti account in the late 80's. They still were holding it against me. So, what I did was ask for a hard pull so they could see that there was no bad info on my reports. They said call back in 30 min. 15 min later increase was there

The request was done VIA Tools and Services, then a started the phone calls. I just don't see how they would offer another one after 3 months
Message Edited by plasticguy on 01-07-2009 09:22 AM
Message Edited by plasticguy on 01-07-2009 09:46 PM
Message 4 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@ficonovice wrote:

In my experience, when the option appears to request a CLI I've always gotten an increase of roughly 20% without a hard pull.

This has also been my experience. +1.

Here we go again...
Message 5 of 19
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

plasticguy wrote: 

...I just don't see how they would offer another one after 3 months

Citi has been offering me credit line increases about every 2-3 months.  So, it's not unusual. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 6 of 19
plasticguy
Established Contributor

That's what I don't understand. Did you get an increase after 3 months? I know My PNC Bank Visa gives a soft every 3 months of 1500, maybe because I Bank there.
Message 7 of 19
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

@plasticguy wrote:
That's what I don't understand. Did you get an increase after 3 months? I know My PNC Bank Visa gives a soft every 3 months of 1500, maybe because I Bank there.

I did get an increase after 3 months. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 8 of 19
plasticguy
Established Contributor

well congrats. I'm not sure if they replaced the button on all accounts or just the eligible ones. Thanks
Message 9 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:
well congrats. I'm not sure if they replaced the button on all accounts or just the eligible ones. Thanks

The button disappears once you use the CLI option. Most people see it again after 3 months. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.