Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean... (Amex)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does it mean... (Amex)

What does it mean when you already have an Amex card and you want either a Green or Cold PIF card and they say they only want some info from you? Does it mean they won't check your credit again? Explain please! I'm confused. lol
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsmith12345
Regular Contributor

Re: What does it mean... (Amex)

Amex will do a hard pull for another card, or at least that's my experience with them.  You can always call and ask them though.  Their customer service is excellent....IMHO
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a hard pull when I asked for the green card and I had a amex cc with them already!!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it only means that thye will prefill some of the informtion for the application.  Happens with BOFA.
Message 4 of 6
creditstudent
Established Member

I agree with Brammy that it mean they will prefill some of the information. So you only need to provide limited information to them.
Message 5 of 6
Tavares
New Contributor

Brammy, you are exactly right as that is what they told me 2 months ago when i applied for my Blue and I already had the platinum Charge Card.  Bank of America did the same thing too,  3 EX Inquiry in 1 day.  I was not happy.  Now guess what, I was about to refinance my House with them and they told me that I had too many inquiry in the past 6 months. I told the lady to go look where they are coming from,  7 BofA alone.

I would still call and ask them.
FAKO - EX: 749 | EQ: 769 | TU: 749
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.