cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the American Express Oasis card look like?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What does the American Express Oasis card look like?

OK, yes, sorry, another d@mned Oasis thread. Smiley Sad

But even though I pretty well understand how the program works, I'm still confused as to whether there is an actual Oasis card. At one point I thought I read that you were issued an Optima Platinum, which was their original revolving credit card, and to me could be easily confused with the Platinum charge card, except that it says Optima.

Or is Oasis actually just the program, and once you're in it, you get a greenie, or gold charge, or whatever? And if it's this, are there just certain cards that you can get through Oasis, or is it whatever you want that they will approve you for?

I think it's really interesting that if you type Oasis into the search box on American Express's site, there are no hits.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does the American Express Oasis card look like?

I recently paid off a charged-off green card and accepted their "Oasis" offer. I was told that my new card would be an Optima. Recalling my phone conversation with them, there was no mention of it being a *Platinum* Optima, but who knows. I also just looked at the letter that was mailed out to me, and it simply says "Optima card". I believe I've read in other threads that it's the blue Optima. Will let you know when mine arrives.
Message 2 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes it says, Optima on it. No Platinum on it. It is also called as Recovery Product. I am not sure what is meant by it.
Message 3 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So does it look like this?

Dang it, why can't I figure out how to consistently copy/ past images???

Anyway, does it look like this, except that it maybe says "recovery product" somewhere?

https://www201.americanexpress.com/cards/Applyfservlet?csi=29/24000/b/10/3384663335/338033120336/20/...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 21
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

I think the Oasis is a program built into Optima card (without plat benefits and logo)

Message 5 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently paid off a charged-off green card and accepted their "Oasis" offer. I was told that my new card would be an Optima. Recalling my phone conversation with them, there was no mention of it being a *Platinum* Optima, but who knows. I also just looked at the letter that was mailed out to me, and it simply says "Optima card". I believe I've read in other threads that it's the blue Optima. Will let you know when mine arrives.

There's a blue Optima??? Truly, American Express confuses me more by the hour! Smiley Surprised
Message 6 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi sorority, It is a great picture of the card. Where did you get it from? Did you take a picture of the card?
Message 7 of 21
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Nope, I googled it lol

Message 8 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, PLEASE tell me how you import images into your thread from another website. I have a copy option when I'm on the site with the image, but when I right-click on the forum thread, there's no option to paste. I've been playing with this for a week now, and it's making me crazy. O:
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recovery product means that it is a card to establish your history with amex again.  If you go past due twice or bounce a check or go over limit more than twice with it...you could lose the card.  With no hopes of reinstatement.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.