Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened after Chase AARP?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: What happened after Chase AARP?

I sent a secure message, asking what will happen to my card.

They sent me a very vague and noncommittal message back, giving no indication as to what will happen to my card, and telling me that they will communicate in August, and that I'm always free to apply for a Chase card.

Does not look good.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 12
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: What happened after Chase AARP?

I held on to my AARP card after it switched from Chase to Barclays.  We were sent new Barclays cards and the Chase cards became inactive.  It went from 3% cash back on gas and dining (the reason I got the Chase card originally), to 3% gas and drugstores.  I don't care about drugstores but, for now, it's still my gas card for quarters I don't have 5% (like right now, lol - 4th quater '21).  Oh, and it has 2% on medical expenses now.  1% all else.  

Any cash back we had with Chase was transfered over.  You can redeeem for AARP membership, gift cards (with some being 10 - 15% off, starting at $25 card value), charity, shopping on their site (cheapest thing I see is $41 ear buds, most expensive is a $4600 TV), or cash in the form of statement credit or direct deposit ($25 minimum).  

I was slow to activate my cards because I had 5% cash back that quarter.  Little did I know, a small credit card balance went with the card from Chase to Barclays.  When I activated the cards, I had a late fee and interest.  Ahhhh!  A simple after-hours secure message to customer service got both removed next day.  

I wanted 3% on at least gas, groceries, and dining so I kept the AARP and got a Savor.  However, since then, I have applied for an AOD FCU so it will replace my citi 2x, AARP, and Savor!  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.