cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world is wrong with USBank?

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: What in the world is wrong with USBank?

Another SUB would be great but I'd honestly just like a soft pull cli on my Rei card...

Message 11 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect since it was a brand new account and you used it at a gas station then a small charge for a meal triggered the fraud shutdown. These categories are two of the highest for fraud. I would stay away from further gas station purchases for your first week or so.

Message 12 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Not the OP's original question, but they seem to have some coding issues on the website!

I was trying to change my ATM PIN.  I used the automated chat and it quickly gave me a link to use.   When I clicked it it said the system is down at present please try again later.   After continuing failures over a few hours, I looked at the link, and it contains something like "[TOKEN]" which is presumably meant to be instantiated!  Using plain Help, I was directed through the menus and it works fine.

So, clearly everyone should close all the US Bank cards and STAY AWAY from the bank!

Message 13 of 31
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Just had a very complicated problem with them whilst depositing a check this morning also. I do eventually want the Altitude Reserve with them, so hopefully it gets resolved soon.

[2/2019]
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Cash+ card around 2 weeks ago and I had a similar issue.  I tried to activate it online and I received a message that there’s a problem and I need to call a phone number to activate.  I called the number and the person told me that my account was “restrained” and I need to call another number.  I called that number and they told me they’ve been experiencing a lot of fraud and they’ve now released my account but I won’t be able to activate it online until the following day.

From my experience applying to activating, I have to say as bank they really get in their own way.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do find it somewhat comical that they'll go ahead and HP the applicant , open an account and mail out the card before any type of anti fraud action is performed. Then once said card is in hand, activated and used, that's when bells start going off. lol

Be much better to start anti fraud actions during said application. I'd rather have this type of issue resolved before any cards are even sent out.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I do find it somewhat comical that they'll go ahead and HP the applicant , open an account and mail out the card before any type of anti fraud action is performed. Then once said card is in hand, activated and used, that's when bells start going off. lol

Be much better to start anti fraud actions during said application. I'd rather have this type of issue resolved before any cards are even sent out.

Do you really think that fraud prevention measures are, or should be, as simplistic as you described?  Any lender has an interest in ascertaining that (a) the person applying for credit is who they say they are, and (b) the credit card ends up in the hands of the right person.  Consequently FP measures are deployed right up until the moment the applicant receives the credit card, and in many instances, even after the card is received.

There's a lot about the OP situation that we don't know and will never know so its pointless to make a judgement in the absence of the facts.  What if there have been reports of credit card thefts from mailboxes in the OP's mailing area?  Is the bank supposed to just ignore that?  What if a mail carrier is suspected of stealing credit cards or the information they contain? (that happens more frequently that you would think) . Is the bank supposed to ignore it and just absorb the loss? 

Also, other factors like spousal identity theft are a huge issue, even when the card is delivered to the correct address.  Those would be few reasons why FP continues after the card is issued. We also would never know if there is an active investigation by the bank and an entity like the US Postal Inspection Service.

Message 17 of 31
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Actually, what I find comical & really unreasonable is that they have closed my card down twice without a single phone call to me. If there is enough cause to close a card that should be enough reason to make contact with the primary cardholder.

Message 18 of 31
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I hate that so many are having issues with US Bank. I am fairly new to them, about 3 months. I have only swiped the card once, but have used them with PayPal and 0% BTs without issue.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 19 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I use The US Bank Cash+ card a bunch, not one single problen.

Probably 700+ Transactions run through it.

Transactions range from $9.99 to $1400 each.

No Complaints here.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.