Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Chase's CLI policy...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

What is Chase's CLI policy...

For Freedom and CSP, is it 3 months from Account creation or 6 months?  SP Or HP?

I have heard it both ways so thought I would see what folks have encountered. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: What is Chase's CLI policy...

Its 6 months and they will auto increase sometimes. If its customer initiated then it will result in a HP.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 17
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Perfect.  thanks.  Fits nicely into my plan. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 17
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Quick question on the same topic. Is there anyway to find out Chase's internal limit for you?

I sent them a secured message with the same message, but they didn't have any answer for me. Instead they went on this and answered your question: 

"Periodically Chase reviews accounts for eligibility for an
automatic credit line increase. An increase is granted 
when the Customer meets established criteria which will 
include an Ability to Pay assessment. I am unable to 
inform you when your account will be reviewed for an 
automatic credit line increase."

I am hoping this is me as I pay off my cards every week to not max the $5k limit!

Message 4 of 17
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

The only way to find out is to keep asking for CLI or applying for cards and when they deny you because of maximum exposure is when you'll know.

Message 5 of 17
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

The only way to find out is to keep asking for CLI or applying for cards and when they deny you because of maximum exposure is when you'll know.

Ah I might just have to app for the SW for the sign up bonus and then transfer it to my CSP.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

A little OT, but does anyone know if it's possible to ask for a CLI using a HP that resulted from another cc application entirely? For example, I have a Freedom that I've had for about 9 months with a CL of $500. Last Sunday I app'ed and got approved for CSP. So, is it possible to use the HP from CSP to request a CLI for Freedom?

Message 7 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

Quick question on the same topic. Is there anyway to find out Chase's internal limit for you?

I sent them a secured message with the same message, but they didn't have any answer for me. Instead they went on this and answered your question: 

"Periodically Chase reviews accounts for eligibility for an
automatic credit line increase. An increase is granted 
when the Customer meets established criteria which will 
include an Ability to Pay assessment. I am unable to 
inform you when your account will be reviewed for an 
automatic credit line increase."

I am hoping this is me as I pay off my cards every week to not max the $5k limit!

They won't tell you but if you keep collecting Chase cards you will eventually be refused a card unless you transfer credit lines from existing cards to the new one. The sum of all cards at that point can be considered your internal limit - at that moment in time.

Message 8 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

You can ask for a credit limit increase any time you want and it will be a hard inquiry.

@Anonymous- wrote:

A little OT, but does anyone know if it's possible to ask for a CLI using a HP that resulted from another cc application entirely? For example, I have a Freedom that I've had for about 9 months with a CL of $500. Last Sunday I app'ed and got approved for CSP. So, is it possible to use the HP from CSP to request a CLI for Freedom?

Some say they have had success, but they say they cannot and will not do that.

Message 9 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

Don't know but why don't you call the backdoor number and talk to an analyst and ask them if they will oblige. The worst they say is no. My guess is they will say no but might have considered if you called when you were approved for the CSP. I think the perfect time is if you had to recon call for the CSP and to be given the card to then ask at that moment - same call and same analyst. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.