Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Chase's CLI policy...

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: What is Chase's CLI policy...

Hey Pilot, you can ask for a CLI anytime, even right after you're approved. It's going to cost a HP and whether they'll grant a CLI and how much it will be is up in the air.

Most people recommend using it for 6-12months just to establish history and usage history, but if you use a lot and pay a lot, and have a solid credit history overall, you can even ask after 1-2 months.

@Anonymous- wrote:

A little OT, but does anyone know if it's possible to ask for a CLI using a HP that resulted from another cc application entirely? For example, I have a Freedom that I've had for about 9 months with a CL of $500. Last Sunday I app'ed and got approved for CSP. So, is it possible to use the HP from CSP to request a CLI for Freedom?

It is possible, but may not always work.
I tried to do this to get a CLI for my CSP and Amazon Visa after I was approved for my Freedom. I asked for a CLI using that same pull and said if additional hard inquiries are required, then I don't want any CLI. They agreed and said they would use the same pull. They ended up pulling new inquiries but I got a decent CLI anyhow so I decided not to make a fuss about it. So for me it failed, but I'm happy I got a CLI.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I didn't mention that I'm trying to avoid a HP right now, since I have 4 recent HPs. And yeah, I also saw a post from a couple of days ago where someone mentioned they were successful in doing this, but I don't remeber what thread it was.

Message 12 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mention that I'm trying to avoid a HP right now, since I have 4 recent HPs. And yeah, I also saw a post from a couple of days ago where someone mentioned they were successful in doing this, but I don't remeber what thread it was.

It's perfectly normal and understandable to try minimize the number of inquiries on one's credit report.

You should just call the backdoor number and give it a shot. It did work for some people, while some others got shot down..........and then there's some, myself included, that were told no new inquiries would be done but ended up getting them anyhow. And if that does happen, those inquiries cannot be disputed either, because they were legitimate. I was indeed seeking credit and they pulled my CR. That's the way it is regardless of what the analyst promised you.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

I'll try my luck tomorrow morning! Also, I will try my best to make myself clear that I don't want it if it's going to result in a HP (I feel sorry for you!)

Message 14 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

they gave me a nice CLI on my cards, so it was well worth the HP I suppose.

Just that I probably would have waited just so I could get an even bigger CLI if I knew they were doing to do a HP

Message 15 of 17
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

A little OT, but does anyone know if it's possible to ask for a CLI using a HP that resulted from another cc application entirely? For example, I have a Freedom that I've had for about 9 months with a CL of $500. Last Sunday I app'ed and got approved for CSP. So, is it possible to use the HP from CSP to request a CLI for Freedom?

I have done exactly this and it actually did not end up as a hard pull. I apped for the CSP like you while I had my freedom and called in after, asked if they could use my credit report from apping for the CSP, and give me 2x credit limit on the Freedom. He said that they would get back to me and three days later, it was done! A CLI and new card with one hard pull = very happy girl!

Don't ever be afraid to ask!

Message 16 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@Anonymous- wrote:

I have done exactly this and it actually did not end up as a hard pull. I apped for the CSP like you while I had my freedom and called in after, asked if they could use my credit report from apping for the CSP, and give me 2x credit limit on the Freedom. He said that they would get back to me and three days later, it was done! A CLI and new card with one hard pull = very happy girl!

Don't ever be afraid to ask!

So I did call the recon number for Credit Analysts (888-245-0625 from the Backdoor Numbers sticky) earlier today, and the analyst flat out said NO and that it wasn't possible. I was surprised that they even answered the call today. Maybe she didn't wanna look into it, given the fact that she had to work on Sunday. Anyway, before I give it a shot one more time in the morning, any pointers/advice on how to approach this? Did you call the backdoor Credit Analysts directly or the regular Customer Service? Also, did you ask for the CLI for Freedom the very same day you got approved for the CSP?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.