Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is FNBO CLI schedule?

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

What is FNBO CLI schedule?

Anybody had a CLI from First National Bank of Omaha credit card. I have a credit card with them and I am wondering what's their schedule for considering a CLI?

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is FNBO CLI schedule?

From the research I've done on 'em, every 4 months, starting from the activation date. You would have to call them and ask if you're pre-approved for a CLI, if yes then you go ahead with it, it will be a SP. If you request it online I hear it's a higher chance of it being a HP. I hope that answers your question.

May I ask how did you recieve the card? Did you apply online or did you get a preapproval in the mail from them?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 2 of 12
codesingh
Regular Contributor

WarJar101 wrote: 

May I ask how did you recieve the card? Did you apply online or did you get a preapproval in the mail from them?

WarJar101 it was an invitation. Apparently the sent the first inviatation to my previous address. I applied when I received he inviation packet at my current address.

Although, theres a lot of bickering about them on the interne. I have been liking their services and perks.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 3 of 12
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

WarJar101 wrote: 

WarJar101 it was an invitation. Apparently the sent the first inviatation to my previous address. I applied when I received he inviation packet at my current address.

Although, theres a lot of bickering about them on the interne. I have been liking their services and perks.

The only perk I know from them is that it's possible to get SP CLIs. Any perks/services that stands out to you in particular?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 12
codesingh
Regular Contributor

All my trnx with them so far have been hassle free. 2% on gas and 1% on everything(the only other 1% on everything i know is wells, other cards have difficult categorization of payment vs purchase etc). In MHO I think they are sort of lender which love you if you do your task...always pay in full...before time.

I like their initial CL that they started me with as well.

Message 5 of 12
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Do you live in the state where the bank is based or no?

Message 6 of 12
codesingh
Regular Contributor

No I don't.

Message 7 of 12
sorachepa
Valued Member

@codesingh, let us all know what you found out.. i got this FNBO card with initial limit of 6K in July 2012 - got a mail invitation and used for 0% BT. Called the rep for CLI after 4 statements and was able to get it to 9K in Dec but WITH a HP on my EXP (didn't think thats worth a HP). but thats my experience so far. ymmv; i live in GA. 

Starting Score:~ 600 all 3 in 2005 - Last App: TU- June 2013; EQFX - May 2014; EXP - Oct 2014;
Current Score: Dec 2014 - EXP: FNBO-778/900; PremierCreditManager-746/850; CreditSecure-746/850; IdentityGuard-729/850;
EQFX: DCU-723/830; CreditSecure-734/850;
TU: WM-734/850; TUonline-809/990; CKarma-749; Discover-745/850; CapOne-724/850; CSecure-769/850;
Goal Score: > 800 all 3

App-Free Target Date:> JAN 2014 (6 months)
Message 8 of 12
mindacid
Valued Member

I just wanted to add that I just followed the process described by warjar and it worked like a charm.  I called, asked the agent if I prequalified for a CLI.  She asked me for my monthly housing payment (rent or mortgage) and my monthly income.  She entered it in the system and in about a second she told me I was prequalified for a $2,000 CLI, which I accepted and she made effective immediately.  It was a soft pull. That took my CL from $3,750 to $5,750.  I've had the card since 2011.  My initial CL was $2,750 and I received an auto CLI to $3,750 about one year later.  There are a lot of people making negative comments about FNBO but in my opinion it's a reaction to their extremely conservative policies.  I have always received excellent service from them and their agents are extremely nice and friendly people (from Nebraska!). 

Message 9 of 12
high-flyer
Established Member

@WarJar101 wrote:

... You would have to call them and ask if you're pre-approved for a CLI...

Who do I call? Customer Service number on backside of card... or is there a backdoor number? Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.