Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a MasterCard Professional?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

What is a MasterCard Professional?

I'm just chatting to Capital One... I hit the luv button yesterday on an old card and got a $2k CLI to $5k so I thought I'd try to have it upgraded from a MasterCard Platinum to a World MasterCard. On the chat the rep said it's not eligible for that but they could upgrade it to a MasterCard Professional???

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: What is a MasterCard Professional?

Here is a link which should explain it.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 4
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Dead link when I click on it. But on the MasterCard I can only see: Standard, Gold, Titanium, Platinum, World and World Elite. The only mentions of Professional I can find online are for a business card? This is a personal account.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 4
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I've now found the page. Seems a strange card to have been offered instead of a World. Suffice to say I declined the 'upgrade'.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.