cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is alternate option to Zync now?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: What is alternate option to Zync now?

There will probably be a 1-2 phase out of the zync and PC existing cardholders to the Green or any other card that they might replace the Zync with.

The thing about PC'ing is that no other of their charge cards have like a $500 cap then NPSL after a while. I don't think even the green gives you a cap if you're barely approved.

Message 11 of 61
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Yeah but some people want a amex charge because its NPSL. I personally have the green and goldpr just because i want them. Im nowhere close to a big spender on those cards but i just wanna have them. I wont mind paying $270 a year on af on the cards, its 22.50 a month. I waste way more buying coronas on weekends when i go out.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 12 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Im hoping they'll have something new, as I'd like a charge card but I dont think I could justify 95$ for a green. I'd rather get a CSP or something since I bank with chase, it would probably be a better idea for me. I liked the odea pf an amex charge with an AF reasonable for everyone, but then again, amex isn't supposed to be for "everyone."
Message 13 of 61
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I really hate charge cards...I like the option of carrying a balance if I had to. Maybe Amex will be doing away with their charge cards?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 61
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I really hate charge cards...I like the option of carrying a balance if I had to. Maybe Amex will be doing away with their charge cards?

Smiley Very Happy

Not a chance!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 61
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

hahahaha NO WAY! Charge cards are what AMEX was founded on. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I doubt it maiden. Their charge cards are iconic, plus some people like the idea of a charge card. It keeps them from spending money they don't have.

Also it is possible to revolve a balance with an amex charge.
Message 17 of 61
CS800
Super Contributor

The crazy part is that we know one could never PC to a higher tier charge card. You would have to re-apply for a better charge. That what intrigues me as to what they are going to do with the existing Zync holders.

Message 18 of 61
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

hahahaha NO WAY! Charge cards are what AMEX was founded on. Smiley Wink

LOL I know know! But Amex seems to have supped up their balance carrying cards..They have quite a few these days. Smiley Very Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 19 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

CS
amex is going to banish all the zync cardholders to zync island.
Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.