Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an App Spree? Please describe the details

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is an App Spree? Please describe the details

Im learning so much, Wow! Thanks everyone!

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 21 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

This is true. Inqs are recorded in real time with the CRAs, so as soon as you apply the inq will show up on your report.

so if i want to apply amex, it will be a bad idea to apply for chase right after since they both pull experian, right?

however, the new account itself will not be updated with the CRAs until the next cycle (or whatever how long it takes), correct? I was referring to this.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

This is true. Inqs are recorded in real time with the CRAs, so as soon as you apply the inq will show up on your report.

so if i want to apply amex, it will be a bad idea to apply for chase right after since they both pull experian, right?

however, the new account itself will not be updated with the CRAs until the next cycle (or whatever how long it takes), correct? I was referring to this.

Depends on where you are geographically.  In CA, Chase pulls EQ.

Right, some issuers (Barclay) will report the new account within 2 days.  Amex takes can be 2 or 3 weeks, or up to 6 weeks.  Chase, depends on where you are on the cycle, but could be 20 or 30 days.

They each show up at different times.  No risk of AA for a healthy report.  All inquiries and "new" accounts fall off the same time 12 months later.  With Amex backdating, you won't even really take an AAOA hit, if your history is long enough.

Message 23 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

i don't have any amex accounts. so its gonna report as a new account (if approved).

I am planning to apply AMEX PRG, AMEX BCP, Chase CSP and maybe discover this week. What does Discover use for CRA?
I am in Los Angeles, CA. Are you 100% sure Chase uses EQ? I applied for Chase Amazon 2 years ago and they pulled my Experian.

Is it a good idea to apply for these 4 at the same time? or just tone it down to Amex and Chase? Or just Amex? If I am approved for PRG, I can apply for BCP right away right?

Do u think I will get AA? I got an auto loan for 10k  for 2 years (paid 58k downpayment) early feb that hasn't reported to CRAs, but the inquiries has. I plan to PIF for the loan by end of this year, if not next feb latest.

Is the BCP harder to get compared to BCE?

Thanks!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

i don't have any amex accounts. so its gonna report as a new account (if approved).

I am planning to apply AMEX PRG, AMEX BCP, Chase CSP and maybe discover this week. What does Discover use for CRA?
I am in Los Angeles, CA. Are you 100% sure Chase uses EQ? I applied for Chase Amazon 2 years ago and they pulled my Experian.

- Not sure if two Amex apps are a good idea.  The old single pull no longer works, since issuers automatically delay the 2nd app (even with 2 browser method) for 10 days.  I'd go with the PRG 50K bonus first, and app for the BCP later.  In Northern CA, Discover and Chase have always pulled EQ for me.  My last 4 apps with Chase have always been EQ.

Is it a good idea to apply for these 4 at the same time? or just tone it down to Amex and Chase? Or just Amex? If I am approved for PRG, I can apply for BCP right away right?

3 would be better, since you can spread an inquiry on each CRA.  The ideal would be EQ, EX, and TU.  But, TU would require Barclay.

Do u think I will get AA? I got an auto loan for 10k  for 2 years (paid 58k downpayment) early feb that hasn't reported to CRAs, but the inquiries has. I plan to PIF for the loan by end of this year, if not next feb latest.

- No, not with a healthy report, and especially not given the size of your downpayment.  3 spread out apps with an inquiry on each report isn't a big deal.  4+ is where AA begins to be risky.  All things being equal, 3 never seems to bring AA (at least, for me.  I've always gone 3 with never any adverse consequences).  Just have to spread them out.

Is the BCP harder to get compared to BCE?

- No, same criteria!  BCP is great, if you spend at least $2,500 on groceries; or, if you have access to a supermarket who sells $500 Visa gift cards or allows the $500 prepaid ones to be purchased by credit cards!  Use creditcards.com for the sign up bonus!  (don't need to enter social, just 111-11-1111).

Thanks!

Message 25 of 31
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@enharu Chase most def. pulls EX in California. Well they did in my case recently for CSP.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 26 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

where do you see the 50k bonus? on american express website it's just 25k bonus Smiley Sad

if i am to apply for just PRG now, when is the earliest i can apply for the blue? should i just go ahead with the blue (and risk denial)? or should i get the PRG first since its easier to get than the blue? i am guessing my chances will be lower a few months down the road with new lines of credit reporting.

currently i hate 1 30-day late from july 2007. should i wait for it to fall off and apply in july? or go ahead with it now, and if declined, try again in july? 

my income is 80-100k, self-employed, current cards are WF 10000, Chase Amazon 8500, Bloomingdales & Macys Store total 2200. AAoA 5ys8months, longest credit 8 years, shortest almost 2. 1 car installment loan 2006-2011 PIF and closed, 1 new one but yet to report to CRAs. 5 inquires on Ex (4 in Feb'13 due to auto loan, 1 in May 2012 - declined for Amex
What do you think my chances are?

btw, so discover pulls equifax in california as well? 

Thanks!

Message 27 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

where do you see the 50k bonus? on american express website it's just 25k bonus Smiley Sad

- goto creditcards.com and click on your special offers.  Enter your name, address, but you don't have to enter your social.  Just input all 1s.  It'll be a soft pull with a new page opening with exclusive deals.  The Amex 50K or BCP $250 bonus will be on there, along with 45K Amex Delta bonus.

if i am to apply for just PRG now, when is the earliest i can apply for the blue? should i just go ahead with the blue (and risk denial)? or should i get the PRG first since its easier to get than the blue? i am guessing my chances will be lower a few months down the road with new lines of credit reporting.

- If it were me, I'd go with PRG first.  Annual fee waived and much better sign up bonus.  Your membership date is established, and you can app for the 30+ days later.  Depending on how you use the charge card, your chances with Amex may increase.  The more you spend and pay with the charge, the higher your starting limit on the blue.

currently i hate 1 30-day late from july 2007. should i wait for it to fall off and apply in july? or go ahead with it now, and if declined, try again in july? 

my income is 80-100k, self-employed, current cards are WF 10000, Chase Amazon 8500, Bloomingdales & Macys Store total 2200. AAoA 5ys8months, longest credit 8 years, shortest almost 2. 1 car installment loan 2006-2011 PIF and closed, 1 new one but yet to report to CRAs. 5 inquires on Ex (4 in Feb'13 due to auto loan, 1 in May 2012 - declined for Amex
What do you think my chances are?

-  I think your chances are very good.  A late payment in 07, Amex couldn't care less about that, since it was so long ago.  Surprised you were declined in 2012, but definitely try again.  I'd bet you'll be approved this time.

btw, so discover pulls equifax in california as well? 

- It did for me in Northern CA, but so did Chase.  Citi, Amex, and BofA all pull Ex.  With Barclay being the lone TU.

Thanks!

- No problem!  Best of luck.  That PR Gold is a really nice deal--50K bonus with only $1,000 spend!

Message 28 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

oh so i can apply for another amex in just 30 days of getting one?

is the PRG a lot easier to get than the blue cash since its a charge, not a revolver?

i was declined in 2012 because my util was close to 97% lol. I PIF each month and sometimes use 2-3x my CL by paying in full multiple times a month, but whenever the statement cuts it's just bad timing on my part. I didn't know about all these tricks until 2-3 weeks ago.

thanks a lot!

Message 29 of 31
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

oh so i can apply for another amex in just 30 days of getting one?

- Sure, on the 31st day.  If declined, it's only a SP.

is the PRG a lot easier to get than the blue cash since its a charge, not a revolver?

- Much easier than a revolver.

i was declined in 2012 because my util was close to 97% lol. I PIF each month and sometimes use 2-3x my CL by paying in full multiple times a month, but whenever the statement cuts it's just bad timing on my part. I didn't know about all these tricks until 2-3 weeks ago.

- I'm sure you'll be approved for the Amex charge.  50K points with first year fee waived after spending only $1,000 is a great deal! 

thanks a lot!

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.