cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is needed to get a bank to manual update your balance on your files? (UPDATED)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is needed to get a bank to manual update your balance on your files? (UPDATED)

I believe I have seen others here note that they paid a balance down and was able to request the bank to manually update their files with an updated balance so I wondered what is it you had to do?  Is it just calling a CSR or more involved? 

I had a card showing about 45% last month which is now at 1% and would like to get this updated.

Bank in question here is Wells Fargo.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  Add Wells Fargo to the 100% "no way jose" early update.  They said statement only updates and there are no other options.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is needed to get a bank to manual update your balance on your files?

It never hurts to ask if a lender will report early. Worst they'll say is no. I don't have experience with Wells Fargo, but I have had USBank, Discover, and Amex all report updated balances upon my request. Chase will automatically report anytime I pay my balance down to $0 which means I often get several notifications a month from monitoring sites. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schwartzinator wrote:

It never hurts to ask if a lender will report early. Worst they'll say is no. I don't have experience with Wells Fargo, but I have had USBank, Discover, and Amex all report updated balances upon my request. Chase will automatically report anytime I pay my balance down to $0 which means I often get several notifications a month from monitoring sites. 

Thank you and I figured that was about all there was to it.  I'll ring them later today and if they say no then oh well.

Message 3 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.