Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the US Bank Cash Rewards card?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

What is the US Bank Cash Rewards card?

Yesterday I called US Bank to request a PC on my  platinum card to the Cash+

My limit on the Platinum card was $3000. The CSR said that a credit limit increase would be done at the same time as the PC request.

i just logged into my account and it now shows my card as a US Bank Cash Rewards Card and no change in the limit.

ive rad other posts of people getting the Cash Rewards card when requesting this upgrade.

what is the Cash Rewards card? It dosent seem to show up on the US Bank website. What are the rewards on this card?

My TU 08 is at 748 so I thought I had a good shot at. PC to Cash Plus. I also have 3 cards over 10K, 120 total available credit.

My Platinum card is 1 year old and I transferred a balance to it of $2500 with a 15 months 0% and it's down to $900 balance right now. 

Should I call them again and try to get the Cash Plus or maybe wait another 6 months and then try upgrade again.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: What is the US Bank Cash Rewards card?

@IWOL wrote:

Yesterday I called US Bank to request a PC on my  platinum card to the Cash+

My limit on the Platinum card was $3000. The CSR said that a credit limit increase would be done at the same time as the PC request.

i just logged into my account and it now shows my card as a US Bank Cash Rewards Card and no change in the limit.

ive rad other posts of people getting the Cash Rewards card when requesting this upgrade.

what is the Cash Rewards card? It dosent seem to show up on the US Bank website. What are the rewards on this card?

My TU 08 is at 748 so I thought I had a good shot at. PC to Cash Plus. I also have 3 cards over 10K, 120 total available credit.

My Platinum card is 1 year old and I transferred a balance to it of $2500 with a 15 months 0% and it's down to $900 balance right now. 

Should I call them again and try to get the Cash Plus or maybe wait another 6 months and then try upgrade again.

Unfortunately it's a pretty generic 1% (I think) card.   I haven't seen people with quite this history (PCing once to it) but many seemed to have got the Cash Plus after about 6 months of "good" use with Cash Rewards.   Not sure reconning will work here, but others may have more experience.

Message 2 of 13
knhorn
Contributor

You need to increase your CL with the card to at least 5K before requesting a PC to Cash+. It looks like they went ahead and PC'ed you to the 1% CB card as you don't have the minimum 5K limit.

Message 3 of 13
vpae
Established Contributor

I just went to an US Bank branch today and applied for the Cash+.

They handed me a brochure, this is a picture from it.

The last paragraph explains what the Cash Rewards card is.

20140813_222904.jpg

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 4 of 13
IWOL
Established Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

You need to increase your CL with the card to at least 5K before requesting a PC to Cash+. It looks like they went ahead and PC'ed you to the 1% CB card as you don't have the minimum 5K limit.

I was aware of the $5k min credit line for the Cash+. CSR said the CLI and PC to Cash Plus would be done at the same time with one hard pull.

I guess I'll just wait 6 months more and try again. I have no use for a 1% card.

Message 5 of 13
vpae
Established Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

@knhorn wrote:

I was aware of the $5k min credit line for the Cash+. CSR said the CLI and PC to Cash Plus would be done at the same time with one hard pull.

I guess I'll just wait 6 months more and try again. I have no use for a 1% card.

I would call them just to check on the status of the CLI. Depending on the outcome they might be able to change it still. It couldn't hurt.

I recon initial CL for my Visa Platinum and it took like 3-5 days. Today I recon the initial CL again, this time in a branch and she said it may take 1-2 days. Since you just called yesterday, I would at least follow up. Who knows, it may change online in a few days lol

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon. Reason you were informed in the US Bank Branch there would be a CLI and P/C to the US Bank Cash+ VS. Nothing to loose.
Message 7 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I would be bummed if I app'd for a Cash + and got Cash Rewards instead with 1% cash back on everything and no other perks? That's like eating a burger with no MAYO or MUSTARD!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 13
Bman70
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I would be bummed if I app'd for a Cash + and got Cash Rewards instead with 1% cash back on everything and no other perks? That's like eating a burger with no MAYO or MUSTARD!

No that's like being given a burger with only a bun and lettuce! Lol.

Cash+ is a great card though, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. Worth the recon or the wait to PC.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 9 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

No that's like being given a burger with only a bun and lettuce! Lol.

Cash+ is a great card though, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. Worth the recon or the wait to PC.

...or order a steak and get a burger Smiley Happy

@OP...recon ..recon.. recon... you have nothing to loose ..Good luck!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.