cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best No Annual Fee card?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

I have the black flexperks card with an AF. The fee is waived by pushing $2k through the card each month.

IMO the flexperks card is better than the cash+, because I am always fond of points over cash back. But yes, for a no AF cash back card, the cash+ is the best.

I am not sure how hard it is to get approved. I think a banker once mentioned those two cards require a 740 fico for approval. I know they approved me based on relationship with the bank over credit profile as I essentially had no credit. So applying without a relationship with the bank might be a challenge. PM me if you are apping. My flexperks number will get you an extra 2500 points at approval.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 81 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Anybody else have any more opinions on the best no annual fee cards?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 82 of 95
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 83 of 95
CS800
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

LOL its ok! It made me laugh tho Smiley Very Happy

I was thinking of applying to Chase Freedom (my final card) in December 2012. So far, I've been in the garden since lastmonth but I'd really like a second VISA card.

It never is the final card. Take it from a recovering AA (App Addict)

Message 84 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@xboxrunner wrote:

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

Chase freedom has been mentioned. I apped for it and was approved for a $5k limit. Also got the AMEX HHonors card.

I am looking into apping for citi on my next spree. It looks like that dividend card converts to a world elite MC. Have you called to see if you can get yours upgraded, free lounge access!!!

Message 85 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

LOL its ok! It made me laugh tho Smiley Very Happy

I was thinking of applying to Chase Freedom (my final card) in December 2012. So far, I've been in the garden since lastmonth but I'd really like a second VISA card.

It never is the final card. Take it from a recovering AA (App Addict)

I am an app addict no doubt. I don't think I will ever be content with the cards I have. Do you think over time rewards will get worse or improve?

Message 86 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I am unsure if they still offer it, but I have a Dividend MC. This is suppose to be the easiest to upgrade to the World Elite. I only see the Visa version on their sight though. They may be able to do a product change.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 87 of 95
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

+1 for Chase Freedom and I'll add Chase Sapphire non-preferred.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 88 of 95
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 89 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

The sapphire offers double points on dining and a 10,000 point sign up bonus.

Message 90 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.