cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best No Annual Fee card?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

@Dustink wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

+1 for Chase Freedom and I'll add Chase Sapphire non-preferred.

I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

The sapphire offers double points on dining and a 10,000 point sign up bonus.

If dining is what you're after just get a Citi Forward. That offers 5% on dining and entertainment like movies. Unless someone wants access to the UR mall, I fail to see any value in the normal sapphire whatsoever. There are way better options out there.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 91 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

If dining is what you're after just get a Citi Forward. That offers 5% on dining and entertainment like movies. Unless someone wants access to the UR mall, I fail to see any value in the normal sapphire whatsoever. There are way better options out there.

I am not after anything in particular. I spend a fair amount of money in all categories. I was just pointing out the benefits of that card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 92 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

I am not after anything in particular. I spend a fair amount of money in all categories. I was just pointing out the benefits of that card.

But yes I agree...Better cards out there.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 93 of 95
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@xboxrunner wrote:

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

Chase freedom has been mentioned. I apped for it and was approved for a $5k limit. Also got the AMEX HHonors card.

I am looking into apping for citi on my next spree. It looks like that dividend card converts to a world elite MC. Have you called to see if you can get yours upgraded, free lounge access!!!

Im thinking about trying again, I did once, but the lady didnt even know what a WE MC was. lol.  Wouldn't mind the shiny MC logo--looks fancy.
Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 94 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@xboxrunner wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@xboxrunner wrote:

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

Chase freedom has been mentioned. I apped for it and was approved for a $5k limit. Also got the AMEX HHonors card.

I am looking into apping for citi on my next spree. It looks like that dividend card converts to a world elite MC. Have you called to see if you can get yours upgraded, free lounge access!!!

Im thinking about trying again, I did once, but the lady didnt even know what a WE MC was. lol.  Wouldn't mind the shiny MC logo--looks fancy.

I wonder what that looks like. I want to do the same, but had the same issue Smiley Sad

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 95 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.