Did you mean: 

What is the best Visa and best Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best Visa and best Mastercard

fail2deliver wrote:
I don't need another checking acct, just the card Smiley Happy

You have to become a member whether through a regularshare account.... Same rules apply.  They do pull for the savings account.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-15-2007 08:36 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-15-2007 08:36 PM
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically if I want the card, and just the card, I have to open a regularshare savings account w/ them (this is for penfed) and deposit 5 bucks.

Would they hit me w/ service fees, or frown upon accounts opened purely to get the card? (And would this go for all credit unions)
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait.. I just checked, you can only join if you work for certain organizations.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

usually no fees to maintain a share account and you can join through joining an association. brammy can give you the one for penfed. justice you can get in by joining the national sheriff's association.
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, military affiliation here.. Should be on the site tho.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh here it is
The National Military Family Association (NMFA) is a leading non-profit advocacy organization for military families.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont think there are any fees onthe share account
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

fail2deliver wrote:
So basically if I want the card, and just the card, I have to open a regularshare savings account w/ them (this is for penfed) and deposit 5 bucks.

Would they hit me w/ service fees, or frown upon accounts opened purely to get the card? (And would this go for all credit unions)

I serioously doubt they would hit you with fees just because the only thing you have is a savings account.  If the credit card is all you are interested in why would you app anything else.  But in order to take advantage of the products, you have to own a share f the credit union.  Think this is standard for all credit unions.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, never thought there'd be so many things involved in getting a credit card Smiley Tongue

Well, that's good to know if I do end up picking a credit union card, thanks for the info Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Does penfed do a hard when we open the savings account? Another credit union when I joined they did a hard just to open the savings account.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.