cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

Can someone pls tell me the easiest American Express CREDIT CARD to obtain and fico need for the card you recommend. Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

The credit cards are a bear. Easier to get the charge cards. You could start with Zync to get some AMEX history going and then app for a revolver in 6 months to a year depending on your file.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 2 of 39
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Can someone pls tell me the easiest American Express CREDIT CARD to obtain and fico need for the card you recommend. Thanks in Advance

Alot of people would say the Delta gold skymiles has the lowest underwriting. I'd say 670+ with no major recent baddies gives one a good shot.

Regular blue (the one that accrues mre points) is near the top of the list as well, with similar underwriting as the delta

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 39
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

She really doesnt want a charge card but really would like a credit card with them

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Delta gold has been known to be an "easier" revolver to get. Do a search around to see what people were getting approved for. I've seen high high 600 approvals with not the longest credit histories though off the top of my head.

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Gold Delta has generally been the easiest credit card to obtain from Amex, though none of them really seem to be that hard to get.

Message 6 of 39
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

The most common answer to this question is the Delta gold, but I have no idea if that is based on actual experience, or a lie told often enough to become the truth. There is some evidence that cobranded cards are easier to get than the bce/bcp. This would make sense since people interested in these cards tend to spend money at either Hilton, Starwood or Delta, none of which are "discount" brands, so there is an assumed usage level that offsets some of the default risk. It would also make sense that the cobrand company might have some influence on underwriting criteria (and might possibly share the risk?). I know this argument has been made about Chase cobranded cards as well.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 7 of 39
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Gold Delta has generally been the easiest credit card to obtain from Amex, though none of them really seem to be that hard to get.

This is true when you have your numbers, Koop. Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 8 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Is this card for yourself?

AMEX revolvers are hard to get. They typically like to see established credit history and no recent baddies. A score 700 and up would be needed.

Charge cards are a different beast. They typically want to see some good history for at least 6 months, no recent baddies. Score of about 660 and up get approved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adavis425 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is true when you have your numbers, Koop. Smiley Happy

haha...well, I do see your point there.  But, people on here have been getting approved for Amex BCEs and whatnot a lot lately with sub-700 scores.  I've seen credit limits as low as $1,000.  Compare that to a Sapphire Preferred, US Bank Cash+ or any other Visa Sig/World MasterCard that requires a $5K plus line.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.