cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the minimum credit limit on a Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Contributor

What is the minimum credit limit on a Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card

I'm comparing the Platinum to the Gold

American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature $5000 | Discover It Cash Back $3500 | Chase Freedom $1500 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $1500 | JCPenney $1500 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $500

On radar:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
New Contributor

Re: What is the minimum credit limit on a Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card

USD 2000

Message 2 of 10
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Not trying to threadjack here, but I have preapproval for this card and the Hilton Ascend and Aspire cards. Would you know the minimum lines for these cards as well?

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

@dmitrii wrote:

USD 2000

Where did you get this # from? There is no minimum line one gets from AmEx. If your scores are borderline, then you'll get the 500/1K line and hopefully grow it from there.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 4 of 10
Established Contributor

According to the Card Act I believe the annual fee can't be more than 25% of your credit limit. Since the Platinum has a $195 fee the lowest limit would be $780. So my guess is $1,000 would be the lowest starting limit for this card.

Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | Bank of America Premium Rewards 21k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25.3k | Lowes 35k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Thank You Premier 52K | EDP 56k | Bank of America BBR 78.9k
Message 5 of 10
New Contributor

myself

i got this card with 2000 SL,

later I was approved for AMEX SPG with 1000 SL

tried to move some credit limit from the 1st to 2nd one.

CSR told me she can't since 2000 is the minimum

Message 6 of 10
Established Contributor

I don't think there is one, if Amex thinks you are only worthy of $1k then that is what you will get regardless of the delta card you are apping for.

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 7 of 10
Established Contributor

@dmitrii wrote:

myself

i got this card with 2000 SL,

later I was approved for AMEX SPG with 1000 SL

tried to move some credit limit from the 1st to 2nd one.

CSR told me she can't since 2000 is the minimum

Interesting. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience.

Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | Bank of America Premium Rewards 21k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25.3k | Lowes 35k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Thank You Premier 52K | EDP 56k | Bank of America BBR 78.9k
Message 8 of 10
Super Contributor

The $2k minimum sounds reasonable to me.

Keep in mind people who are rebuilding and looking for an AMEX that is easy to apply for are not likely to jump into a card where the first statement charges them $195. Same with Bonvoy Brilliant and Hilton Aspire and Delta Reserve. Those who do go for these high AF cards are likely not reporting here, are too busy traveling.

Those who already have an AMEX and app one of these cards are building on an existing relationship with AMEX and likely already see their AMEX internal limits increased, so won’t be able to comment on a minimum.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Message 9 of 10
Regular Contributor

Well. My wife has this card with a SL of $1400. Hasn’t moved from there for 10 months. She used her 3X on other cards so not sure if it would ever grow on it’s own. We almost never use it. Just got it for the annual  pass. If it’s too hard to redeem, we would prob close it

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.