cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most effective strategy to grow a Synchrony card?

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the most effective strategy to grow a Synchrony card?

I thought Synchrony likes to see TU go above 680 before the big CLIs start?

OP I will tell you I was told to call Credit Solutions! Try chat!!! Hit the button!!! Smiley Happy  I kept requesting and requesting and requesting and was told no. no. no. NO! Smiley Very Happy

In November (9 statements) I got a $200 auto CLI on Amazon (from $700 to $900).

In October (8 statements) I got a $250 auto CLI on Walmart (from $150 to $400). 

I expect my TU to go above 680 by end of February/beginning of March will also be 4+ months after the auto CLIs (which I've read that 4 months between CLIs is common for Synchrony). I will call Credit Solutions when my official FICOs (not CK) show 680+!

Good luck to you!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure that big CLIs can "start" at 680 or a lower score than the 720 I suggested... I was just indicating that once one achieves a 720+ the sky is the limit more or less with synchrony. As with everything, there will be outliers on both ends.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm getting that the general consensus is that I shouldn't even think about growing this one until TU is at 680, and then it should grow like crazy with a little push in the form of me calling Credit Solutions.

Cool, thanks everyone!

Message 13 of 14
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I grew my Walmart card from $1200 to $5,000 in less then a month by hitting the love button.  But with my JC Penny and Amazon, I have not been able to get any CLIs.  Maybe I'm maxed, maybe it's the 5 cards I picked up in December or maybe my BK which should drop by May.  Either way I'm done raising the WalMart card because what I have is fine, the JC Penny card I don't plan on asking for more.  It's the Amazon card that I want to grow.  So once my BK falls off, I'll try again depending on what my scores do.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.